London scenery upgrade FS2020

Following the disaster with the bad textures of the London scenery upgrade for MS FS2020.  As the default textures are very high quality, an example, you can see inside some of the buildings like the Shard.  Better for Orbx to leave ALL the default FS2020 scenery alone, except Buckingham Palace which looks like a office block,  and just concentrate on replacing the missing structures like the 'London Eye', 'Thames Barrier', 'PO Tower', et, and include 'HMS Belfast'.  Your views please?   

Yes. Hopefully that will happen. Flying around you notice many landmarks are missing. Hopefully distinct and non-generic landmarks will be gradually added with Orbx packages. The landmarks idea is a good one and hopefully the naysayers will see the benefits once the modelling is upscaled a weeee bit. Anyway, MSFS 2020 certainly blows everything else out of the water, so we enter a new era with greater expectations. Exciting times for developers and simmers, especially with VR coming. Can’t wait to see how it all plays out.

This has not yet been made available on the marketplace - may be Orbx could give MS a prod with a sharp stick or preferably a cattle prod.  London Scenery is still on v1.00 and London City Airport on v1.01. 

Not sure if v1.01 for the airport is the latest version because the ATC still doesn't seem to work correctly.  I have just started a flight from LDN City and did not receive a handoff from the tower controller when I left his airspace.

On 8/21/2020 at 11:28 AM, Lionhart27 said:

Better for Orbx to leave ALL the default FS2020 scenery alone, except Buckingham Palace which looks like a office block,  and just concentrate on replacing the missing structures like the 'London Eye', 'Thames Barrier', 'PO Tower', et, and include 'HMS Belfast'.  Your views please?   

Orbx replaced some 400 structures in London. Not just the few handcrafted ones Asobo created. I think they did an amazing job. The QA checks shoiuld never have allowed the mesh issues or poorly textured replacement buildings to have stood but this has been acknowledged by Orbx and is being delt with.

One downside to having the Asobo structures back is Tower Bridge doesn't have any night lighting (nor does the Eiffel Tower) so that's something for Asobo to fix but I actually hope Orbx will comeback with a decent versions of these and give us the option to replace the Asobo structures during deployment.

Overall for somebody who lives in London I think flying around the city in MFS is the finest visual experience I've had in a simulator and what Orbx have done is a dream for me, just amazing!

I agree that there's way more good than bad in the package and sounds as if the patch (if Asobo ever releases it) will cure the few glitches.  Parliament was there in stunning detail in MSFS but the bridge going to it is just a road going into the water.  The London City release adds in all those wonderful places you expect to see.  I live in Phoenix, Arizona and the Phoenix valley is provided in exquisite detail with tons of real building and features but not London?  Seriously. 

Hello, I'm new to this forum and hope I have selected the correct place for my post.  My issue is that I purchased the London Landmarks package from Orbx Central several days ago.  It found my FS2020 drive and folder and installation proceeded with no problems.  It shows up as purchased in Orbx Central, but when I look at Marketplace in FS2020, it doesn't show up as "owned" and offers me the opportunity to purchase it.  Any help with this would be very welcomed.  Thanks

1 hour ago, gje said:

Hello, I'm new to this forum and hope I have selected the correct place for my post.  My issue is that I purchased the London Landmarks package from Orbx Central several days ago.  It found my FS2020 drive and folder and installation proceeded with no problems.  It shows up as purchased in Orbx Central, but when I look at Marketplace in FS2020, it doesn't show up as "owned" and offers me the opportunity to purchase it.  Any help with this would be very welcomed.  Thanks

Hi @gje welcome aboard. It's a completely seperate store! It's like buying the same film from Amazon Video and Netflix. You've purchased it through Orbx, no need to purchase it again through Microsoft :)

On 8/24/2020 at 1:23 PM, Yardstick said:

This has not yet been made available on the marketplace - may be Orbx could give MS a prod with a sharp stick or preferably a cattle prod.  London Scenery is still on v1.00 and London City Airport on v1.01.

@Yardstick check the Orbx anouncments, apparently there are technical issues from releasing any updates or new products to the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace. This is also preventing 3 new titles from Orbx from appearing as well as holding up the updates for London City buildings and airport.

The anoucement says this may not be resolved until at least September - surely this needs escalating in Microsoft, what a disaster!

Thanks very much dtrjones,  I may see if contacting MS gets us anywhere a little sooner than September 1st.  Seems a shame that I bought this addon several days ago and have to wait to get it into my sim.  Really appreciate the fast response.  Cheers, Gary

Hello,

welcome to the forums.
If you bought your products from Orbx Direct and have installed them using Orbx Central,

then it does not matter if they do not appear in "Content Manager", that clearly is not

working as it should.

The products should appear in the simulator and you should be able to use them and indeed

update them. There is no delay with Orbx Central.

On 8/24/2020 at 12:22 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

An update was released the day before yesterday.

@Lionhart27

Five default buildings were replaced in a computer flight simulator and then

restored within four days by an update that includes new objects.

"Disaster" is perhaps a little hyperbolic.

Yes, disaster was not the right word. I was having a bad day.  Glad its been fixed. Disappointed would have been better.  Overall I have been pleased by the scenery upgrades of Orbx.  

Archived