Morphing textures and mesh in Southern Alaska Region

Hi again,

near Cordova, Alaska (PACV), I have really strange terrain anomalies in SAK Southern Alaska.

q6RkGgo.jpg

82kg39u.jpg

ahTgZAH.jpg

Not only morphing textures, but morphing mesh, too. The glacier strangely vanishes and water bodies are left over on a plateau. I can upload a video to YT if that helps to describe the situation.

I had the lclookup respawned, and also terrain.cfg, also a reinstallation of OpenLC NA and SAK region. It also appears with frozen surfaces in winter turned off.

Hmm...

Hi my friend

I would check if my insertion points had been changed by mistake.

I would run the verify files tool for Global Base pack, the libraries, open LC NA and SAK and the object flow and will test

Cheers

Carlos

2 hours ago, carlosqr said:

Hi my friend

I would check if my insertion points had been changed by mistake.

I would run the verify files tool for Global Base pack, the libraries, open LC NA and SAK and the object flow and will test

Cheers

Carlos

Thank you Carlos for your suggestions! Much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Lars,

are you using any third-part terrain mesh for that area? If it has a higher compiled resolution (LOD) than what is included with FTX SAK then this morphing-terrain effect can occur.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for your suggestions, too! This turns out to the relevant issue. Upon deactivating FS Global Ultimate for NA, the problem is gone.

How do I find out which .bgl in FSGU I have to deactivate to get rid of the issue? I don't want to deactivate FSGU for the whole continent, of course.

Archived