How to set up View without VC of fixed cockpit?

Aussie123

I'm very frustrated with the views in MSFS. There seems to be a lot of emphasis on cameras and drones.

The view I am after is the traditional view, from the pilot's seat without the cockpit superstructure. How do I get that, with the ability to use the Hat to look sharp left and right? The ability to have the basic instruments toggle down the bottom would be a bonus.

I believe In FS9 and FSX it was the view you could cycle just by pressing 'V' (or similar)

Aussie

You can do whatever you want regarding views in the sim. You may want to setup a new 

keyboard layout. To do so simply create a new keyboard/joystick profile with nothing in it 

and than you can play around with it. But be careful to asign "ESC" somewhere, otherwise 

you cannot even leave the sim. 

Cheers

Andreas

On 8/18/2020 at 11:51 PM, Aussie123 said:

I'm very frustrated with the views in MSFS. There seems to be a lot of emphasis on cameras and drones.

The view I am after is the traditional view, from the pilot's seat without the cockpit superstructure. How do I get that, with the ability to use the Hat to look sharp left and right? The ability to have the basic instruments toggle down the bottom would be a bonus.

I believe In FS9 and FSX it was the view you could cycle just by pressing 'V' (or similar)

Aussie

On 8/26/2020 at 3:54 PM, andiflyit said:

You can do whatever you want regarding views in the sim. You may want to setup a new 

keyboard layout. To do so simply create a new keyboard/joystick profile with nothing in it 

and than you can play around with it. But be careful to asign "ESC" somewhere, otherwise 

you cannot even leave the sim. 

Cheers

Andreas

Yes, there are many options, but to get fullscreen view from the pilot's seat without any parts of the Cockpit visible is difficult to achieve. In the thread below are a few suggestions. The outcome is not yet 100 % perfect though.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived