I just know they are going to nuke this thread, thousands of people are have the same issue of not being to run  FS. I have the same issue as many, it hangs on the "Press any key to Start". At this point I think Ms store has issues, (2) client installs from the ms store, the game (shows 990.1 MB) and digital content 10 MB). Install pops up stating 127 GB of drive space required, plenty of room on my C-drive, so I hit install, applet windows disappears, and there is no sign of an install anywhere. I estimate with my connection that a file download requiring 127 GB if drive space would take a good (2) hours, wherein as mine only takes 30 seconds

I'm just wondering if anyone has seen a fix for this issue.  I had plans of buy several Orbx add-ons, but (14) hour later, I can't even get the game to properly run. I even went through the nightmare of update Win 10 to v2004

Hello,

I see this banner at the top of the FS forum, so I guess they know and are working on it.

Hello everyone, some players might experience issues getting the content of the edition bought!
We are aware of the situation, the team is looking into it.

If anyone else has experienced this exact problem and found a fix, please post it to help your fellow customer.

There is no need for any kind of comment, good or bad.

Thanks.

I cannot download the digital edition, the game .exe is in my WindowsApps folder on "C". I have just spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with MS, they have escalated to the next level and are to call back tomorrow morning.  They downloaded the latest Windows10 ISO, ran that as a repair but did not succeed.

Disappointing

Nigel

Vancouver

This is something that helped me and it seems helped a few other people when I posted it on Microsoft's Flight sim form.

I don’t know if this will help everyone but I’m now downloading the content (after many attempts), I downloaded and installed the "English (United States) language pack and that seems to help’

Settings - Time & Language - Language - Prefered Language - Add a Language

Hope this helps.

Ian

I had multiple issues but resolved them by

1. Making sure my Xbox beta pc app was current

2. Making sure the xbox game bar app was current

3. Installing from the MS store then

4. Running from the store "play" button

5. After initial run and further updates (took a very long time), I can run it from the Start menu.

Orbx products installed and ran flawlessly - I chose the option to install directly into the sim. It doesn't show in the FS marketplace however as someone else has already posted.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I see this banner at the top of the FS forum, so I guess they know and are working on it.

If anyone else has experienced this exact problem and found a fix, please post it to help your fellow customer.

There is no need for any kind of comment, good or bad.

Thanks.

Hello Nick,

I posted this about 10 hours ago in the Orbx Microsoft Flight Sim Discussion forum but don’t know how to link to the posts. Anyway, the jist of it is copied below and “may” be of some help to others.

Regards,

Roger

“Yesterday I thought I had pre-installed MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe through the Microsoft store but it turns out it was only the initial 990mb. I just spent two frustrating hours this morning getting nowhere beyond the “Press any key to start” page. I am up to date on Windows version 2004, latest Nvidia drivers, Win10 updates done, run everything as Administrator, etc etc. I was getting nowhere with the actual install of MSFS 2020.

It turns out, on my machine, I have to have the XBox Game Pass installed. So I went into the Microsoft store and installed the XBox beta. I have left that open in the background and made sure I was logged into the store. Then launched MSFS 2020, again, as Admin. Success, it took me through the screens for where to install etc and as I type it is now downloading.

I did not bother with an actual Game Pass subscription. I just installed the app. I don’t want more stuff than necessary to run my flight sims. Anyway, I hope this post helps other frustrated simmers.”

So much for positive thoughts...

I was at about 95% download when up popped Ms error, "FlightSimulator.exe has stopped working", blah, blah. I fire it back up, and could see no signs of a download resume, I let ti stay on FS page for 20 minutes, nothing, all I could do is move around the cursor. Did a cold boot, launched FS, 10 minutes later the page changed, showed there was an update, another 10 minutes with no changes, finally a blue progress line appeared at the bottom and finished. I started to look graphic settings, just looking around, made NO changes, and bang, same Ms error, the FSexe has crashed, close program and at my desktop. FS won't stay running for than 5 minutes and it crashes. I can't see how all this got past months of beta testing, and no one had any of these install and run problems.

Apparently there were massive problems during the whole Alpha and Beta process. 

Unfortunately the testers had absolutely no control over what was released, that was a marketing decision.

To say any more would not be appropriate but I'm sure other sites around the interwebs will be able to confirm.

Update, after FS loading and crashing several times, it then decided to start updating again, and picked up where in crashed with 5 GB left to  go, started out at decent speed, then went to nothing. I let it set there for 20 minutes with zero progress, had to kill it via task manager. Launched FS again, it did not try to resume its unfinished update.

1. No matter what aircraft or airport is entered in "World", you can click on the "Fly" button all day or hit enter, and nothing happens.

2. For the first time (no crashes) I tried to exit FS, and it crashed with the usual  FS.exe stopped...

I've now been messing around with FS for (12) hours try to get it to install, launch, update, and start a flight.

7 hours ago, HC1Gunner said:

I've now been messing around with FS for (12) hours try to get it to install, launch, update, and start a flight.

Hello,

you really need to be speaking to Microsoft, their forum is up and running, as is the ZenDesk.

You have had a couple of suggestion, so I am going to close your topic.

Archived