Double ups (Orbx Weather)

Hello Fanatical_Passion,

I am also getting this issue and not sure how to fix it. Thanks Doug for posting the previous post from Ron. I also had contributed to this issue back in august last year but did not find a solution. It is now almost 12 months later and my issue is no closer to being solved. Seems as I install more Orbx airports my weather numbers are growing as per pic.

Regards

Sam

orbx dup weather.JPG

Download a copy of agent ransack lite.

https://www.mythicsoft.com/

Search P3D / Orbx folders for files named as...

(Orbx)\d(\.wt|\.bmp)

Breakdown:    [Orbx][digit][.wt] or [.wtb] or [.bmp]

e.g. there will be three files per weather theme.

• ORBX1.wt
  • ORBX1.wtb
  • ORBX1.bmp

Should be only one set (1 to 7) in a single location (typcially the Orbx Libraries is now the root source)

Relative path will be \Weather\themes\

If only in the sim path, the path will be "\Prepar3D v3|4|5\Weather\themes\"

Cheers QA

1 hour ago, aviator49 said:

Hello Fanatical_Passion,

I am also getting this issue and not sure how to fix it. Thanks Doug for posting the previous post from Ron. I also had contributed to this issue back in august last year but did not find a solution. It is now almost 12 months later and my issue is no closer to being solved. Seems as I install more Orbx airports my weather numbers are growing as per pic.

Regards

Sam

Hey Sam!

I've followed the leads in the topic above. I am still not an expert yet but from what i can see something is causing Orbx products to install the themes in the main P3D4 folder as well as the Orbx Libraries. The developer shows no interest at the moment to fix it for good. But I found a fix that works for me. What I did is I went into the P3D4 folder , \Prepar3D v4\Weather\themes and looked for the Orbx weather themes. There are the others ones there that for my problem adds on and creates the double ups. So I wiped them out from this folder. Windows gets funny if you delete things from Program files but you know for sure they are safe to delete. After re-starting the Sim there were no more double ups. I do recommend using CCleaner to clean any registry,etc. as it helps out with the cleanup process for this or any other times. I will see what happens in the future with other Orbx products to understand this more.

Hello,

weather themes can be duplicated if they are already in the flight simulator folder and then the customer installs

Global Base outside the folder.

They can be removed from one or the other.

In the simulator they are as kindly described above and if in an Orbx Central Library,

Orbx Libraries\Weather\themes

Archived