Real-world San Juan Island adventure

sammyflyboy

Hello everyone!

I haven't posted here in years, I believe the last time it was for my first solo flight many years ago...

I just wanted to extend a huge that you to the team at Orbx and this community here for furthering my passion for aviation, and I thought I'd share a little story about where it has taken me thus far. The character and natural beauty of your Orcas Island scenery always spoke to me. Exploring this airport and the surrounding islands while making a short FSX video when I was around 12 years old solidified it as my favorite airport in flight simulator, and one I dreamed I could one day fly to in real life. Over the past couple months I have been in Seattle, I have had the immense pleasure of flying myself into Orcas Island Airport, and it is just as special in person as you made it appear in the simulator. Picturesque mountains and beautiful water, a charming airport and town... it was just perfect. It was additionally special as it was the first flight with my dad as a passenger.  

Darrington is next on the list, but that's a bit trickier to get into without some mountain training (and perhaps a more capable airplane) :) 

Again, thank you all for helping inspire my passion for aviation. 

IMG_0771.thumb.jpeg.cb1d47e8e678e1d11d66b55606a15e56.jpeg

IMG_0336.jpeg

IMG_0747.jpeg

Archived