Help with TrueEarth US Florida

david891

Hello,

Looking for some assistance with TrueEarth US Florida HD. I suspect it might be something to go with Florida airports load order. 

I use payware Fort Lauderdale scenery by departure designs - https://store.x-plane.org/KFLL-Fort-Lauderdale-International_p_1210.html

After installing Orbx TE Florida and aircraft is above the ground like some type of elevation issue as per attached screenshot. 

I have also attached my scenery_packs.ini pack if anyone possibly knows whats wrong.

Appreciate any help and advice.

Regards,

David 

KFLL1.png

scenery_packs.ini

There maybe a clash of mesh between TE Florida and the airport addon. May I suggest you also ask the Departure Designs team about compatibility.

Looking at you scenery_packs.ini you have a few error in it and some duplicate entries.

I copy below the duplicate entries which you need to check your Custom Scenery folder to see if those files are actually in the folder. XP will read what is in the Custom Scenery folder and transcribe that info to the .ini

You have a complete set of the 3 TEGB Central files neatly arranged in the .ini as below:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/

But you also have the following entries:

SCENERY_PACKenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/ note the missing parts of the name in red

SCENEB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/ this is a duplicate entry.

I have rearranged the .ini for you and removed the erroneous entries highlighted above but you must check for these files in your Custom Scenery folder and delete them otherwise they will continue to be written in the .ini

Regarding the Orbx side of KFLL compatibility we ask @Tony Wroblewski for a comment as to his thoughts about the elevation issue. I must stress though that it probably needs a mod by Departure Designs.

scenery_packs.ini

13 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

There maybe a clash of mesh between TE Florida and the airport addon. May I suggest you also ask the Departure Designs team about compatibility.

Looking at you scenery_packs.ini you have a few error in it and some duplicate entries.

I copy below the duplicate entries which you need to check your Custom Scenery folder to see if those files are actually in the folder. XP will read what is in the Custom Scenery folder and transcribe that info to the .ini

You have a complete set of the 3 TEGB Central files neatly arranged in the .ini as below:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/

But you also have the following entries:

SCENERY_PACKenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/ note the missing parts of the name in red

SCENEB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/ this is a duplicate entry.

I have rearranged the .ini for you and removed the erroneous entries highlighted above but you must check for these files in your Custom Scenery folder and delete them otherwise they will continue to be written in the .ini

Regarding the Orbx side of KFLL compatibility we ask @Tony Wroblewski for a comment as to his thoughts about the elevation issue. I must stress though that it probably needs a mod by Departure Designs.

scenery_packs.ini 4.2 kB · 1 download

Hi @Jon Clarke,

Thank you for taking a look, appreciate that. Still the same issue. 

I suspect as you said it is a departure design problem, however they don't seem to have any support methods to contact them.

Regards,

David

Well that is a real corker. I have the same scenery as you at KFLL and yet I have no elevation problem like you have.

As for General XP setting leave it checked  if the developers wanted the RWY flattened they would have did so when creating the scenery.

Look inside KFLL folder  /  Dep_KFLL  folder /  Earth nav data folder  /  apt file.

Open the "apt" file and scroll down the list and see if there is the line  "1302 flatten 1" then if its not there then that could be the problem.

b738 - 2020-07-26 15.44.59.jpg

b738 - 2020-07-26 15.45.39.jpg

@david891As I do not have the addon and @Sentry11 does I am wanting to let you and Sentry11 discuss the issue if that is OK with Sentry 11. Your scenery_packs.ini is layered correctly, you are not getting error messages pertaining to any Orbx addon so it is a compatibility issue with the airport. As Sentry 11 has exactly the same addons and no anomaly it seems the obvious route to take. Just a reminder that Sentry 11 is under no obligation to assist but as a major and knowledgeable contributor to the XP support forum he may be willing to do so. 

Archived