Is it safe to migrate files now?

When Orbx Central first released I migrated my files and then had scenery issues.  The advise then at the time was to leave this feature unless you absolutely had to I seem to remember.

I am now considering getting P3Dv5 and am looking to possibly migrate my files so that I can uninstall v4, install v5 and not spend the rest of the week downloading (yes my internet connection is that bad!)

Have the issues around in sim anomalies following migration now been fixed having had updates down the line.?

8 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Your V4 files are not compatible with V5.

Hi Doug,

Can you expand on this perhaps?

I thought I had been downloading updates where there has been mention of V5 compatibility being added.  I am aware not all files will be strictly v4 compatible.  I am also aware of other users who seem to have used their existing downloads.

Is it the case then that the only way to use my Orbx scenery with V5, and without things breaking,  is to re-download all my purchases again?

9 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Your V4 files are not compatible with V5.

Have found this below.  So if I migrate my Orbx files using Central and then follow the instructions below, only installing the compatible files, do you think that will work going back to my original question?

8 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

yes, it will work.

Since that was posted, it has been found that there are some usually relatively minor problems with some products.

You will be able to deal with them if and when you come across them.

perfect, thanks Nick!

Archived