P3Dv5 crashes after Orbx products installation

Hello.

I started to install all my Orbx products in P3Dv5 but is causing the sim to crash. I have P3Dv5 latest version installed, which includes the hotfix 2, and my drivers are up to date. I installed only aircraft at the beginning and then tested the sim and it worked fine. After I started installing the Orbx addons it crashes to the desktop if I try to switch parking locations. Also, airports such as KGPI (Glacier) have issues with the parking spots (see screenshot) so I stopped installing anything else.

I haven't install anything else other than some carenado airplanes and Orbx. My PC was built for the upcoming FS2020 so it meets and it exceeds the minimum requirements for it and P3Dv5. P3Dv5 was working fine before any scenery installation.

needs fixing.png

Hello Nick.

As you can see on my post I do not have anything else installed other than some Carenado aircraft. I did not want to install anything else until I can verify is working fine. I started to add the airports but when I tried to change positions the sim crashes. The only way it works some times is if I end the scenario and load it again, but it only works some times and it doesn't happen with the default airports. 

There is nothing else installed. I do not have v4 installed or even xplane 11. When I opened the sim and selected that parking spot what you see is were the sim placed the aircraft on. Crash is disabled on v5 as it was on v4. 

If you look closely, the yellow line is showing were the parking spot is supposed to be. I had similar problems on the v4 so this really nothing new. I was getting "flying cars" on v4 and I was told that it was an airport limitation, but I ended up having similar problems with different airports. I even submitted a screenshot for corruption during a flight to KSAN on v4 but never got an answer.

Is your screenshot from v5? If that is the case is either maybe because we have different versions or you have a different version of the airport, or perhaps is the Vector?  

Hello,

I took the shot in P3D v5 and deliberately left the window title in view.

My image shows that airport as installed into P3D v5, in an external library and with nothing else

active at all.

It seems clear from your image that you have something else active that is drawing the parking space

and adding the tug and vehicle that are nowhere to be seen in my version.

This is the product:

2020-7-18_21-23-16-735.jpg

2020-7-18_21-25-21-339.jpg

398312525_needsfixing.thumb.png.af6b00840f4c651da221c83bb2a6b733.png

The tug is the default in P3Dv5. Here is the thing, I think that if there is anything interfering with this particular airport is either one of the Orbx addons or P3D itself. There is not another possibility since there is nothing else installed. I'm going to reinstall the airport and see what happens and i will get back to you. Regardless of this problem I still do not know why the sim is crashing.

Thanks Nick.  

I installed it from Orbx central but I haven't look to see if in the right place. What will the right place be? I haven't reinstall it yet by the way, but I do have all the major addons for North America.

I've been having P3DV5 crashes which I think might be related to add on aircraft.  My suspicion is that previous versions of the sim only showed missing graphics etc when a non V5 certified aircraft was loaded, while V5 is actually shutting down.  I too only had the problem after Orbx scenery was installed but last night's testing showed the problem still there even after removing all the Orbx scenery.  I had installed at least a couple of add on aircraft that work well in P3DV4, and I've just loaded a flight in TE Nor Cal scenery without a crash, and I don't have any non P3D aircraft installed now.

You could explore that as a possibility.

Well, I tried to load the scenery or even the addons but every time I tried the sim crashed to the desktop. I can load a scenario but I can't look at my scenery. This looks like a more serious problem. I own some of the PMDG aircraft and I haven't install any of them  because yesterday a guy posted that the sim crashes when he tried to change airports using the 737. I really don't want to go down the road of requesting support from P3D because for the most part they do nothing. Regarding the Orbx problem I usually install an airport and the sim loads fine, and looks like the problem is when I try to change airports or location within the same airport that causes the sim to crash or gives me the corrupt scenery. Since I got only Orbx and some planes installed, I will uninstall everything again. If that doesn't work I will just wait for FS2020.

Thanks Nick  

10 hours ago, perohijo said:

Well, I tried to load the scenery or even the addons but every time I tried the sim crashed to the desktop. I can load a scenario but I can't look at my scenery. This looks like a more serious problem. I own some of the PMDG aircraft and I haven't install any of them  because yesterday a guy posted that the sim crashes when he tried to change airports using the 737. I really don't want to go down the road of requesting support from P3D because for the most part they do nothing. Regarding the Orbx problem I usually install an airport and the sim loads fine, and looks like the problem is when I try to change airports or location within the same airport that causes the sim to crash or gives me the corrupt scenery. Since I got only Orbx and some planes installed, I will uninstall everything again. If that doesn't work I will just wait for FS2020.

Thanks Nick  

I've also had the experience of running out of memory when changing planes in a flight or at the airport, it seems that P3DV5 maybe doesn't dump the memory used by the old plane. That might explain crashes when you change aircraft or airports. Maybe try end scenario option if you want a new airport or sircraft? 

13 hours ago, John Dow said:

I've also had the experience of running out of memory when changing planes in a flight or at the airport, it seems that P3DV5 maybe doesn't dump the memory used by the old plane. That might explain crashes when you change aircraft or airports. Maybe try end scenario option if you want a new airport or sircraft? 

I don't know, my system is one of the best out there and yet I keep on having this issues. I actually was doing the new scenario because any other way was causing problems and crashes, but in any case I decided to uninstall P3Dv5. I pre ordered  FS2020 and maybe i will install P3Dv4 and play with it until then.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 1:44 AM, perohijo said:

I don't know, my system is one of the best out there and yet I keep on having this issues. I actually was doing the new scenario because any other way was causing problems and crashes, but in any case I decided to uninstall P3Dv5. I pre ordered  FS2020 and maybe i will install P3Dv4 and play with it until then.

While you are getting your scenery library screenshot for Nick, I recently had a problem with the sim just not doing what I expected, scenery layers popping up over others etc. It turned out that the insertion point in Orbx Central was pointing to a scenery that wasn't there, I think I removed it for testing without realising it was the insertion point, and the scenery library became a jumbled mess. So I recommend that along with your scenery library screenshot you include your Central log file so that the gurus can pinpoint the problem. 

On 8/2/2020 at 3:24 PM, doc-dutch said:

GUYS!! Dont complain if you dont do what is asked. Nick asked you 2 times to upload a photo of your Scenery Library... please do or dont ask.

Is not complaining. I decided to uninstall the sim because I believe is worth the effort. I already pre ordered FS2020 and I spent too much time dealing with all the issues on v5. I did not believe providing more screenshots were necessary without the sim installed, and I informed support about it which, in my opinion, closes the case.

Archived