ESSA Black Texture Issue

Hello,

that is how the airport looks, in the dark and when objectflow is not working.

This is how the airport looks in the daylight when objectflow is not working:

2020-7-14_22-32-27-597.jpg

This is how it looks in the daylight when objectflow is working:

2020-7-14_22-39-58-834.jpg

Here is a topic that may help you out.

Thank you, Mr. Cooper. My issue is resolved. Firstly, I did not have two instances of Objectflow since I've been using only Orbx Central. Therefore, I checked and found no instance of Objectflow installed into my P3Dv5 Add-ons folder (as expected). To assist anyone else with similar problems, I took the following steps to resolve mine: 

1. Un-installed Objectflow from my Main Library (the Library Orbx Central automatically creates).
  2. I created a new folder and named it "ObjectFlow Custom," making sure not to install it to my P3D root folder, or directly into a device drive, i.e., (D:), or a directory (folder) that already contains other files. 
  3. Re-installed Objectflow (this time into the newly created folder: "Objectflow Custom.")
  4. Enabled ObjectFlow when prompted upon launching P3dv5.

So, everything is back to normal, no weird black textures on runway 01L ESSA. As a matter of fact, my issues of having no trees adjacent to airport 11s is also resolved.

2020-7-15_20-58-16-114.jpg

2020-7-15_21-5-31-491.jpg

Edited by SSAIR1

• 1 year later...

Just changed to a brand new PC and Reinstalled everything. All is great, but this issue of black buildings and runways showed up. Followed advice here exactly, but still problem exists. Tested at KPSP and some other Orbx airports.

Using P3D V5.3. Any advice much appreciated.

Edit - I must say that when scene first loaded, everything looks normal. It is only after taking off and turning back that some buildings textures and runway textures showed as black.

Running on Asus ROG Ryzen 7, 3080 GPU. Most settings maxed out. Able to get 30 fps most time.

Edited by Lepres

17 hours ago, Lepres said:

Just changed to a brand new PC and Reinstalled everything. All is great, but this issue of black buildings and runways showed up. Followed advice here exactly, but still problem exists. Tested at KPSP and some other Orbx airports.

Using P3D V5.3. Any advice much appreciated.

Edit - I must say that when scene first loaded, everything looks normal. It is only after taking off and turning back that some buildings textures and runway textures showed as black.

Running on Asus ROG Ryzen 7, 3080 GPU. Most settings maxed out. Able to get 30 fps most time.

And if the textures load again after a pause, there is a fix that works for some, it's something in the P3D.cfg file that sets the distance at which textures are dumped from memory.  I don't have the link to hand but I'm sure a Google search can reveal it, it may have been here but probably the Avsim forums were where I read it.

You can also try any figure up to 64000 apparently, I remember when I was testing in the Los Angeles basin I settled on 16000 but I didn't run any tests to see if a figure as low as 2000 was also suitable.

Try Nick's 2000, if you still see the black loading textures in the circuit try doubling it in steps until you either run out of VRAM or you're happy with the texture loading.

Personally I don't have a problem with a bit of texture loading in dense scenery as I look around, it's part of the compromises of the old FSX engine.  It's when entire airports take 2-3 seconds or longer to load that  look for solutions!