Orbx Airports VERY High Vram Usuage

Hello Orbx Team,

When At Most Orbx Airports My Vram Usage Is 7.1GB Out Of 8GB Of Vram, When Comparing That With True earth Britain South And Heathrow most know for being poorly optimised is surprisingly smooth and optimised and stable I only use about 5.9GB Of Vram Out Of 8GB, I Am Wanting To Know If These Orbx Airports Will Be Optimised To Cut Down On Vram Usage Soon.

Kind Regards Lucas

Hmmmmm!  That is a very high Vram.  Mine averages with the new p3dv5.2 at 3.5 to 5.5 out of usable 7.2GB.  And this goes for Orbx and other high detailed scenery.  My frame rates run at high 30s to high 50s.  I have all of the Orbx scenery that is available and those of the high end developers products.  When I can put a 320 into London or New York with nasty weather (ASP3D BETA) at a solid 35 and up frame rates, I am happy.  Just wondering if I will need to upgrade my system in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Here Are My Settings And PC Specs: 

Intel I7-9700K
MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon Motherboard
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG RAM
500GB M.2 NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate HDD
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super

And My P3D Settings Are Attached Below,

I Am Also Using The New Windows 2004 Update

When In Chewy 94 Stream The Other Day When He Was Flying Into And Out Of Bristol And East Midlands He Was Using The Same Amount Of VRAM As Me About 7.1GB

When Flying Into Aerosoft Heathrow With True Earth Britain I Only Use About 5.6GB Of VRAM Out Of 8. And Heathrow Is Known For Bad Performance In The Sim

Kind Regards,

Lucas

33333.PNG

22222.PNG

11111.PNG

Thanks.

I find that the single highest consumer of VRAM is shadows.

Even enabling shadows but leaving all the boxes unticked uses a substantial amount.

The difference between no shadows and maximum shadows is 3 GB of VRAM.

Therefore, in order to be able to set the other sliders at a reasonably high level, I

have set all shadows to off.

I never use someone else's video to judge the performance of my own PC.

Not only are they extremely dull, one has no idea of what the author may have done

or the hardware, or its settings or the way the hardware interacts.

One of the causes of VRAM consumption depends on the setting in World - Terrain - Level of detail radius.

P3D 5 with this parameter loads the texture of the ground even for many hundreds km which can be seen flying at altitude with clear sky but in reality it is rare to see
the ground in flight 400/500 km from the plane.

I found that with Level of detail radius set to Medium and a maximum visibility of 100 km in ASP3D the loaded textures are sufficient to not have blurs and I have verified that the use
of VRAM drops between 0.7 and 1 GB.

1 hour ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

How do I display my VRAM usage? I am using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. :unsure: 

It's a new feature in the coords function when you press Z or shift Z or whatever the key combination is...  I think it's in the frame rates line.

Archived