Orbx Newcastle Stand Selection

Hi John,

I understand what you mean now. I still want the GSE to be there, would be even better in future updates if they could add some Jet2.com equipment (stairs) as Swissport use Jet2.com stairs for their aircraft (rumours that Jet2 will self handle at NCL next year too).

Stand 8 is a fully usable stand, and can be used in real life - as long as the EK 777 is not on stand 30 (stand 9), so if this could be passed onto whoever it may concern?

I am also missing the taxiway yellow lines in the vicinity of D1, D2 and D3 at the end of RWY 25. I will be able to add a screenshot once I land back tonight showing what I mean.

Thanks,

Adam

Missing taxi lines are being fixed. 

We are making stand 30 as the permanent gate so 8&9 will not be selectable. We think many uses will make use of that stand with the 777 and there’s plenty of other start positions. 

Hi Ed,

Thanks so much for your response and glad to see the taxi lines are being fixed - we appreciate it!

Unfortunately that is extremely unrealistic and is a massive turn off for me with regards to the scenery. I live in Newcastle, and stand 30, yes, is a stand in its own right, but only the B77W uses it... Other aircraft like Jet2.com and TUI use Stand 9 - when the UAE B77W is not on the ground. So in theory, stand 8, 9 and 30 should all be selectable like they are in reality. Stand 8/9 are only not used when the B77W is on stand 30.

As I live in Newcastle, I fly out of the airport on P3D 98% of the time I am flying on the sim. Therefore, not having both stand 8 and 9 does impact on the simulation. This is because, each morning Jet2.com and TUI aircraft are moved from the remote stands to the pier stands (4-12 as 3 is just for BA). This means that, every morning I fly, I will start on those stands, apart from stand 12 which has been closed recently. Therefore, for realism, there won't be as many stands to start from when I start flying of a morning. 

Could I also please suggest some Jet2.com equipment? As Jet2 provide their own stairs at Newcastle (op'd by Swissport) and are rumoured to be self handling in the not so distant future.

I hope to see that you guys listen to feedback and take it onboard, as the plan you have set out above, doesn't replicate reality 99.9% of the time when the B77W is not on the ground at NCL.. All 3 stands concerned (8,9 and 30) should be a selectable stand to pick. 

With regards to stands at NCL this is from a controller at the airport: No they still are given pier stands wherever possible as far as I’m aware. Chances are this aircraft won’t be going out until the second wave of departures in the morning therefore will be towed across as described above. (with regards to an image of a Jet2 on a remote stand)

Thanks for reading,

Adam

(Image 1 - TUI B738 parked on stand 8 in the morning)

(Image 2 - Jet2.com B733 parked on stand 8 at night)

(Image 3 - Jet2.com B733 parked on stand 8 through the day) 

(Image 4 - Thomas Cook Airlines A321 parked on stand 9 in the morning

(Image 5 - TUI B738 parked on Stand 8 and a Jet2.com B738 parked on stand 9)

(Image 6 - Thomas Cook Airlines A321 parked on stand 9)

(Image 7 - TUI B738 parked on stand 9 and a Jet2.com B733 on stand 8)

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hi Adam

whilst I can appreciate the enthusiasm for realism there does need to be compromises made. 

With 8,9 & 30 being an option for selection at the same time, this will result in aircraft overlapping each other which is unacceptable. So it’s either 8&9 or 30.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your response. From my view, and I appreciate other people will have different opinions on this, but the EK 777 is only in for around an hour a day. 22/23 hours Stand 30 isn't used. It would be better to have 2 stands available instead of just 1 (out of the 3 concerned). Therefore, I would say 8 & 9 for selection over just 30 on it's own.

Your argument could be used for various airports, why can you select L, R and centre stands at other airports? Surely parking on those would cause overlaps too? Yet you can still select them? 

By the way, I do love the scenery, it is by far the best Newcastle scenery we have ever had made, so thank you so much for that. :)  

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,

your point of view is of course valid, you want the sim to show what you see when you go to the real airport, you want it to depict reality as much as possible. This is perfectly understandable and valid.

However 99% of those users flying to Newcastle do not know those facts. They simply fly in there, they love to fly heavies to every nice add-on they own, and so they want to park their big metal at a suitable gate when they arrive or depart. So having stand 30 as standard is perfect for those people.

The thing with the overlap if all 3 stands are available is a pain indeed, but it's not Orbx' fault. I can understand that they want to avoid overlaps, it looks extremely silly when it happens and you taxi by and observe it. This one is up to Lockheed Martin to change the AI system to something more intelligent. Unfortunately, AI hasn't been touched in any meaningful way since they bought ESP. It is way overdue, but it doesn't seem to be a priority for them.

If you really want all 3 stands available, you can do that with little effort fortunately. You can use ADE to add the other two in your sim.

Mburkhard,

Thank you for your contribution, I can see where you are coming from - to a degree.

The majority of flights that I see on ProjectFLY, VATSIM and IVAO etc are actually smaller aircraft flying into Newcastle - not the "heavies" - not as many people fly those aircraft in. Stands 30, 16 and 25 can also take "heavies". They sometimes even park the UAE B77W over stands 7/8/9/30 due to the wind. They have even parked it behind Stands 10/11/12/13/14/15 before on the taxiway..

I think we are forgetting, stand 30 is technically stand 9 - just on a slightly different angle. The only overlap there would be is stand 9/30. Stand 8 is not overlapping, but its 'closed' when the UAE B77W is parked on Stand 30, as its wings go over stand 8. 

Thanks,

Adam

Archived