Orbx-central-4.1.14 does not work.

Orbx-central-4.1.14 does not work. I can not update the products. I can not verify files. I can’t even delete the product.

котировка

Ваш центральный файл журнала предоставляет нам важную информацию, пожалуйста, приложите его к вашим запросам поддержки. Вы можете найти его в следующих местах, либо с помощью клавиши Ctrl + Shift + L .

• Windows :% APPDATA% / Orbx / Central / central.log
  • macOS : ~ / Библиотека / Поддержка приложений / Orbx / Central / central.log
  • Linux : ~ / .config / Orbx / Central / central.log

Вы можете удалить это поле / цитату, как только ваш журнал прикреплен

Операционная система :  

Симулятор :  

Снимок экрана :  

Выпуск :  

6 minutes ago, Valeri1955 said:

Orbx-central-4.1.14 не работает. Я не могу обновить продукты. Я не могу проверить файлы. Я даже не могу удалить продукт.

Операционная система :  

Симулятор :  

Снимок экрана :  

Выпуск :  

central.log

13 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Привет,

В журнале, похоже, нет проблем, за исключением того, что у вас установлен Global Vector и он начинает устанавливать Global Vector.

It seems you did not understand the essence of the problem. When I try to update, verify, or delete any of my Orbx products, the installation (Queued) starts and continues indefinitely without downloading any files. The level of your response is puzzling to me.

Try this and maybe try just one product at a time instead of queuing up multiple installs.

"The download queue job cache that Orbx Central will use is found at %temp%/Orbx /job-cache.json. To forcefully clear the download queue upon restart:

Delete the %temp%/Orbx /job-cache.json file.
Completely restart Orbx Central.

Be aware that if you have auto-updates enabled, these will trigger shortly after launching Orbx Central. You may want to disable this in the settings before performing the above."

Orbx products are downloaded and extracted to your C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp folder and sometimes need up to 3x their install size before they get installed to the simulator location, then after the install is complete they are removed from your C:\ drive. You can move the Temp folder to a drive with more space using the option in Orbx Central settings\downloader.

HI, I would like to add my  support to Valeri1955 assertions that there is a severe problem with version 4.1.14. 

The error condition described is complete and correct ... nothing lost in language translation.

13 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Far better to check the details of a reference post is still valid. The details are somewhat dated now and contain at least 1 inaccuracy. Also it might be not obvious but given that the man has a application that starts up, this would logically imply that the prerequisite software has already been installed!

On 7/3/2020 at 3:59 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the log seems to show no problems except that you have Global Vector installed and it is starting to install Global Vector.

Even Nick's observation should have been a heads up that something was not adding up don't you think?

The problem is apparently related to the lack of response to the clients request for a file download.

As a consequence of your unwillingness to believe a problem exists I have created a video demonstrating the problem.

This video clearly shows that we can interact with a server to collect our product details. It also demonstrates that

we can make a purchase without a problem, but installion of said purchase is not possible. This parallels the report

that we are having difficulty downloading updates.

In both our cases, we have removed the current installation, reinstalled a new downloaded version of Orbx Central and

redefined all of the settings before trying to fetch the updates.

The clip is too big to attach, please download the clip from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4244v45x8w1qh2/2020-07-04_19-30-31.mkv?dl=0 

I think it prudent that you contacts a SysOps member and ask them to check the relevant server rather than wasting time

working through a 'guess' list trying to establish what your 'dumb customer' broke.

Hi Doug,

Firstly, it was not my time that was getting wasted.  It was everybody's.

Unfortunately I was busy making the video clip and had not yet seen Doug's most recent response when I hit the submit button.

For this I apologise for the rather redundant recommendation.

Thank you all for your support. And about stupid customers, I ask a question. What should a stupid client think if the Orbx software has been working without failures for 5 years and stops working after installing the latest update. However, there is no indication of the need to change anything in the settings?

I entirely agree with all of the above. Trying to update Librarys consistantly quotes a communication problem and my license transfer of Chase Plane does not take effect despite verification after hitting the Licence Transfer button.

Hi @Valeri1955,

Here's a link to an older version of Orbx Central (v4.1.13): https://web.goog.cdn.orbxdirect.com/software/central/4.1.13-a194fcde/Orbx-central-4.1.13-x64.nsis.7z

Extract that .7z file to a folder on your computer.

But, before you run it, you'll need to open %appdata%\Orbx\Central\central.json. Look for the line that says:

"updateCentralOnLaunch": true,

Change that to:

"updateCentralOnLaunch": false,

After changing that, you'll be able to launch the older version of Central without it updating to the latest.

VERY IMPORTANT: Can you please try temporarily disabling any anti-virus software you're using, then install a product?

Hello Ben,

Although this request was not directed at me, I have performed the test you have requested.

Unexpectedly, the exact behaviour reported above is unchanged.

This implies that an external change has introduced this behaviour.

Attached please find the file central.log which includes activity from v *.13 and v *.14.

Good luck 

central.log

On 7/10/2020 at 10:28 PM, Richbro said:

Which does suggest that there is most definitely an issue with V14.1.14.

Did you try what I mentioned in my post? Does it work for you in .13?

On 7/11/2020 at 1:27 AM, MonArchangel said:

This implies that an external change has introduced this behaviour.

Attached please find the file central.log which includes activity from v *.13 and v *.14.

To confirm, do you use any anti virus software? If so, which? Have you tried temporarily disabling it?

Archived