Orbx true earth GBS and UK2000 sceneries

Dear All,

I am using UK2000LondonCityXtreme and CardiffXtreme in connection with Orbx products.

Every time, there is an Orbx Update ( even minor update )  this will “kill” UK2000LondonCityXtreme completely and merge with CardiffXtreme : see jpg

Seams that Orbx reorganizes the P3D config file in order to get higher priority ( no Idea  )

So I have completly uninstall “UK2000LondonCityXtreme” “UK2000CardiffXtreme”and install it again

I had/have this problem in P3D 4.5 up to P3D V5 HF2

and this problem is only in connection with Orbx True Earth Britain South

UK2000 sceneries (EGPH, EGAA etc ) outside Orbx True Earth Britain South scenery are working fine

( EGPH in ORXYScottland / EHAA und EGAC in Orbx NorthernIreland )

I am using :        

Orbx True Earth Britain South

Orbx Base Pack

Orbx Building HD

Orbx Terraflora v2

Orbx looots of other Orbx sceneries

Any idea how to solve this other than reinstalling  ( in P3Dv4 I solved the Problem by using Orbx EGLC .. but this is not yet available in P3D v5 :( )

UK2000Cardiff_ORBX_UKmix.jpg

UK2000Cardiff_UK2000only.jpg

Hello,

the best way to use UK2000 airports with TEGB is to remove all of the airports from TEGB and place their files outside the 05 scenery

folder. Please note that there are some that are in TEGB but not in UK 2000.

Once you have done that, if you run verify files for TEGB and all the airports are replaced, you can simply copy them all back in from your store

and when highlighted by this process, delete them.

21 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the best way to use UK2000 airports with TEGB is to remove all of the airports from TEGB and place their files outside the 05 scenery

folder. Please note that there are some that are in TEGB but not in UK 2000.

Once you have done that, if you run verify files for TEGB and all the airports are replaced, you can simply copy them all back in from your store

and when highlighted by this process, delete them.

Dear Nick

Thank you for your help !  I was not aware,that the insertion point of all Orbx could be changed in Orbx Central .

So I did this accto Christophers suggestion ... I think this is the solution

18 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Are you aware that you can set an insertion point for all Orbx scenery packages, Herb? They do not automatically need to be placed at the top of your Scenery Library.

Dear Nick .. no I was not aware of that

I did it now .. and all this problems are solved

Thank you for your help !

And here for all in detail :

Open Orbx Central

Click Setting ( the gear symbol )

click insertion point

Orbx Airports and Regions

Click Insert below

… and here you can determine the insertion point below any 3rd party scenery  !

By that all Orbx update etc will be placed below this defined insertion point and never interfere with any 3rd part scenery

Hi Christopher

But despite doing this, wouldn't there be a duplication of airport elements?

Would it take longer for the sim to load?

I had understood that every Orbx bgl related to an airport should be placed off to avoid conflicts with 3rd party products..

I know there is a certain .bat file that can be created to place things back in order after an update but I can''t remember where I read that

So by your saying, having UK 2000 airports above Orbx products is enough to match a good compatibility with no need to put Orbx bgls off?

Cheers

Carlos

To be honest, I am not sure about that, Carl. I have only recently started using Orbx TrueEarth photoscenery of Great Britain (instead of the Horizon scenery), and my own personal philosophy has always been to remove all other versions of the same airport to avoid any conflicts. In fact, I have been deleting the entire suite of default UK airports ever since I used FSX over a decade ago!

Actually this insertion point procedure described by christopher solves not only the problems with UK2000 and Orbx TEGB

but also Flytampa EHAM in Orbx TENL ,

Taxi2gate KSEA in Orbx NorthPacific etc etc .

I have also either experienced any longer loading time of P3D , dublication problems nor any other disadvantages .

Archived