ESSA Objectflow issue - Ground textures abnormally

Hi Orbx-Team,

since the last ESSA Update I am having probably some issues with the objectflow. The "default real life" airport ortho is showed through the scenery (Real Life Ortho with planes and all the stuff).

I saw another thread where Orbx has recommended to uninstall the Objectflow, "open a second library" and install the Objectflow into this second library. That wouldn´t work on my end either. I am having this issues since the latest update. Before it was fine.

Can you point me to the right direction please?

Regards Marcus

System specs

Prepar3D_v5_Academic_5.0.31.35253

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 2004
Installed on 20200501
OS Build 19041.329
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

Latest Nvidia Drivers

i9 10900K @ 5.1 Ghz | HT ON | 1.32V | AffinityMask=88061
Mainboard ASUS ROG Maximus XII Formula Z490
32 GB RAM 3600 Mhz Corsair Vengeance | 4x8GB
RTX Titan 24GB
32" Samsung UHD Monitor using 4k
Custom Water Cooling | 2x 360MM | 1x 240MM Radiator
HP Reverb v2 VR HMD | Steam VR

Main Addons

ASP3D | 7479 Open Beta
ChasePlane | Via Orbx
FSReborn Prof.
GSX 2
FSUIPC6
AIGAIM
SODE | Latest Version
MultiCrewExperience | Latest Version
Airbus A330 | Latest Version
PMDG 747/748 | Latest Version
QW787 | Latest Version
Navigraph Charts
Orbx Base
Orbx LC
Orbx TE NL
Orbx Regions
Orbx HD Buildings
Orbx HD Trees V1 & V2
REALTURB | All Continents
+200 Addon Aiports | via .xml method added

On 6/25/2020 at 10:45 AM, Marcus P said:

I saw another thread where Orbx has recommended to uninstall the Objectflow, "open a second library" and install the Objectflow into this second library. That wouldn´t work on my end either. I am having this issues since the latest update. Before it was fine.

Hello,

this may be your problem.

Can you explain a little more what goes wrong please?

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this may be your problem.

Can you explain a little more what goes wrong please?

Hi there,

since the update of ESSA I have at the airport no top layer of textures (sharp ground textures mssing) instead of that, I am seeing the underlying texture, looks like a orthophoto or is a orthophoto of the original real life airport, with also planes, buildings etc. visible.

My Airport Autogen all seems normal. 

So I am missing something here. I tried your suggestions as per the mentioned thread to solve this problem. But it doesn´t work. 

I did following to try to find a solution:

- Run verifying files - no helping

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the Objectflow

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the libraries

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the objectflow agein, but this time at a second created library out of my sim root folder (wich is alsways my case)

- Uninstalled and reinstalled ESSA complete.

Nothing does bring the "ground textures with his taxiwaymarkings etc. back.

Could it be a corrupted downloaded file? If yes, how can I redownload it? Orbx does keep a backup of my downloaded files on my pc and probably reuses this? Or is that not the case?

Thanks for helping me out!

Regards Marcus 

Here some pictures from my side. Also added a central LOG file. I found something else strange at the central essa config settings regarding the Grass section. I don´t have LC Norway installed (I don´t own it) so I "Checked" the Box Grass or Grass disabled (both of them should match my case. Gras on or off is simple) The checkbox "Grass (FTXNorwayinstalled) wouldn´t make any sense in my usecase, because as I wrote I don´t on FTX Norway)

So I checked 1 of the other two boxes and saved my settings.

But it seems to me, that after I choose one of the other boxes and saved my settings they won´t be saved long. Starting the sim and running I flight (at ESSA for example), closing the sim again and then reopening Central does show me, that my checked box is disabled again and the Grass FTX Norway box is checked again. Why is that? Could it be that there are some corrupted/false named files in the database wich also have some influence on the ground layer issue?

2020-6-26_21-35-15-856.jpg

2020-6-26_21-35-21-240.jpg

central LOG.txt

Hello,

your problem is replicated exactly by disabling objectflow

Enabled and working:

2020-7-1_7-24-18-287.jpg

Objectflow disabled

2020-7-1_7-30-20-207.jpg

As you now have a second problem, I would suggest that you uninstall ESSA completely and then reinstall it.

Please take the steps outlined in this topic before you try again.

So I have done everything and it seems to work for me! But one important thing should be reminded in your suggestions:

Installing Ariports wich needs Objectflows should be done AFTER step 8! Otherwise the Objectflow addon.xml is not activated and installing new aiirports would work, but the issues will remain.

Install the airports after the object flow addon.xml is activated via firing up the sim should do the trick. 

What did I do:

1. Uninstalled ESSA
  2. Uninstalled Objectflow
  3. Created a new Orbx Objektflow Library folder on a different location. My Sim is on D:/P3D Root. My Orbx Main Library (wich I created manually) is at D:/P3D Addon Scenery, outside the root P3D folder!. My Orbx Objetctflow Library is at J:/Orbx Objetcflow Library folder wich does not contain any other files because I created a own new folder for the objectflow files
  4. Installed Orbx Objectflow into this J:/Orbx Objectflow Library folder
  5. Installed ESSA again
  6. Synced the Sim via Help...
  7. Fired up P3D V5 latest HF2
  8. P3D asked me to activate the new Obhectflow Addon file wich I of course agreed on
  9. Again those issues still there
  10. Closed the sim
  11. Uninstaled ESSA
  12. Installed ESSA again
  13. Fired up P3D at ESSA
  14. DONE - NOW it works

So important is, that P3D must first activate the Objectflow Addon.xml file BEFORE Installing the Airport wich needs this addon!

Marcus

• 2 months later...

Hallo Nic,

I have the same problem. The "default real life" airport ortho is showed through the scenery (Real Life Ortho with planes and all the stuff).

I do everything what was described from you to solve the problem. Nothing happens. ObjectFlow is not working in ESSA. It is no difference if I activate or deactivate Objektflow via addon.

What can I do? The log file is attached.

Mike

central.log

Archived