Orbx central p3D4.5 HF3 ESSA Update

Hello,

there are some suggestions in the Orbx Central User Guide for this error.

Could not download and save the manifest

The most common cause of this is some form of software on your computer that interferes with your network connection (such as a strict firewall or proxy server). The manifest files are served from our infrastructure provider Google, therefore anything that may be preventing a secure connection being made to Google can cause this error.

You can disable the strict network security requirements used by manifest downloading by performing the following:

Windows

• Make sure Orbx Central is not running

• Right-click on your Orbx Central shortcut and press ‘Properties’

• In the ‘Target:’ box, add strict-ssl false

tNf-IBUCrxTyx4gzd5lE0RrOOkg-6Xac_1UFOrFp

• Press OK

• Start Orbx Central by double-clicking on that shortcut

Note: You may need to press ‘Open File Location’ on the icon in order to find the actual shortcut.

Sir, thank you so much for your support. Now is downloading and installing the ESSA. What is strange is that, if I’m correct,  two days ago I updated Orbx vector and actually I never had a issue with this. Anyway everything is ok.

I appreciate your support,

George

16 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

there are some suggestions in the Orbx Central User Guide for this error.

Could not download and save the manifest

The most common cause of this is some form of software on your computer that interferes with your network connection (such as a strict firewall or proxy server). The manifest files are served from our infrastructure provider Google, therefore anything that may be preventing a secure connection being made to Google can cause this error.

You can disable the strict network security requirements used by manifest downloading by performing the following:

Windows

• Make sure Orbx Central is not running

• Right-click on your Orbx Central shortcut and press ‘Properties’

• In the ‘Target:’ box, add strict-ssl false

tNf-IBUCrxTyx4gzd5lE0RrOOkg-6Xac_1UFOrFp

• Press OK

• Start Orbx Central by double-clicking on that shortcut

Note: You may need to press ‘Open File Location’ on the icon in order to find the actual shortcut.

Hello again. I will need your advise again, while loading the flight in P3d4.5  (not ESSA) I get a warning that: Path not found:

D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\Orbx\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_AA_ESSA\scenery\*_objectflow.xml

Can you please Help me please?

Looking forward you support

George

Mr Nick, i did as you advised, copy, paste the shader directory you send me, the sim loaded normally but without preview of the vehicles.

I closed the sim, restarted and I get the same warning. The directory Shader HLSL disappeared from p3d root folder.

Your second advise was to repair p3d. How do I and what is going to be effected in my tones of addons?

George

In my local disc C Program Data, Lockhead Martin, Prepar3D v4, there is a shadersHLSL config file, a shadersHLSL.cfg.orig file and a shadersHLSL.cfg.P4AOBAK file.

In the cfg file here is whats in,

[Entry.0]
Title=Default Shaders
Path=ShadersHLSL
Required=True
Active=True

I never touch something i shouldn't. The last update was EZDok update for compatibility with the latest beta version of ASP3D this morning. While the sim loaded, this morning,  i had a notice for the update. I closed the sim, i installed the update, and while started the sim happened the problem. 

The Sim loaded as usual, ok. There are no vehicles visible in the welcome window. Anyway i loaded the default plane and airport BUT it loads black screen, just the sound.

The directory shadersHLSL is gone from P3D root folder

Hi. I have just experianced the same problem identical. This morning i upgraded the display driver only. Yesterday it worked perfect. I also did two updates from the Orbx Central - Ålesund and Insruck. Then I started P3D V4 latest update. And no plane preview, and only black screen with P3D menu and sound. After i closed the program and rebooted the computer. When starting P3D, "No shaderHLSL folder found". Tried to repair the client, but no effect. Rolled back the  Nvidia driver, no effect. Folder is not present after the program has ben started one time.  Very strange....?

Jan E. Stene

ENZV - Norway.

Nick,

I pasted  your folder into P3D root, loaded the program, no error message, but no preview, and nothin inside the simulator other than the sound...

Checking the directory again, the folder is deleted....

Jan E. Stene

ENZV - Norway.

Hello,

the ShadersHLSL folder is specific to each version of P3D.

The one I have uploaded is default but from P3D v4.5.13.32097.

Of course, if you change versions, you must also delete the existing shaders.

There are to be found at C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

you can delete the whole Shaders folder.

If you close P3D and do that, when you restart it, you may well see the screen.

However, the more mysterious problem is what is causing the ShadersHLSL folder to be removed.

What addon software, not scenery or aircraft, have you installed most recently?

I deleted the shader folder that i normaly delet after a driver update or similar. Pasted your ShadersHLS. Run P3D. and no plane preview, and black screen. Cheked the Root folder and the ShadersHLS is still there. Then closed the P3D program, and checked again. The folder is there, but there are only 9  FX files left. ..

Nick

I have just repeated the procedure again. I have the same version as you of P3Dv4.5. Installed your ShaderHLSL, deleted the Sdader folder inder C:/....... and deleted the P3d CFG file. Loaded P3d again and now it appears to work fine. I also closed the application aganin and re-loaded.... also a good test. I do not know what happened, but it apears the the cfg file had something to do with it. I find this strange, since i deleted and re-installed the Client msi, but this did not have any effect. But at that time i did know abaout that the folder ShaderHLSL was missing.... Strange...?

But thanks for your assistance Nick .. hope this wil do it, as i seldom experiance any issue with this version of P3D.... and never with the shaders.

Jan E.Stene

ENZV Norway

6 hours ago, Georgios said:

The Sim loaded as usual, ok. There are no vehicles visible in the welcome window. Anyway i loaded the default plane and airport BUT it loads black screen, just the sound.

The directory shadersHLSL is gone from P3D root folder

Hello,

I think that the cause has been found.

It looks like you should be able to fix it by updating the immersion product and then running repair on P3D

EDIT: I see that the default shaders have worked for you.

Archived