Nvidia GTX 1650

FT_Trader

Ty Nick - Using X Plane 11. Unfortunatley i have a small footprint CPU and this is the most pwerful GPU i could get that would fit the space.

I am thinking of the 5 -pack offer (So Cal being the scenery of choice)

Perhaps i should try the demo and see how it looks first.

The GPU may be a bottleneck in some scenarios, but I recently tried XP11 and TE GB South on my new "work/light gaming" laptop with a mobile 1650 and was very pleasantly surprised with how well it ran. Certainly above expectations. If you can live with lower antialiasing settings, absolutely give it a try. The GB demo gives a nice overview of performance, especially in the denser urban areas.

Hello Sherman,

I hope that you and Eileen are well.

There is a permanent fix for the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error:

Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
- On the Edit menu, click New, and select the QWORD (64-bit) value from the drop-down menu,
- Type ‘TdrLevel’ as the Name and click Enter,
- Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that by default, but double check) and click OK,
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect!

Here it is applied

1.jpg

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hi Nick, 

we are doing well, as I hope are you and Carol...we really miss not being able to get back to Europe and the UK...but, first time we can, we will let you know.

As for the regedit, I am familiar with it, did it some months back. Looking at my entries and comparing with yours...under DxgKrnlVersion, as a data value, mine reads  (45060) while yours reads 49156. Other than that my entries are the same as yours...should I change the value to 49156? Thanks...

capture-001-22062020-082656.jpg

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Sherm

Sherm

Hello Sherman,

I hope that you and Eileen are well.

There is a permanent fix for the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error:

Here it is applied

1.jpg

Thanks Sherman,

we look forward to the next time that you can come over.

The bit that stops the DXGI error message is the TrdLevel line,

that you have to create yourself.

I think the number that you refer to is just to do with the driver version,

so it shouldn't matter if it differs.

On 6/20/2020 at 8:48 PM, FT_Trader said:

Hello,

i have an Intel i7-7700 3.6 GHZ/ GTX 1650 GPU - 4GB/ 32GB RAM/ 600W power supply

Can i use Orbx successfully? 

Many Thanks in advance

KT

I bit the bullet and ordered this from Amazon. I love flying so this investment should go a long way :

41nf2xuF90L._SX90_.jpg

• 1 year later...

The GTX 1650 isn't a bad GPU by any means. It can hit 60fps at 1080p medium to high quality in most games, and it's affordable. Just make sure you understand what you're getting, because if you're looking at building a budget gaming PC, you'll almost always be better served by spending a bit more money.

21 hours ago, driedpie said:

The GTX 1650 isn't a bad GPU by any means. It can hit 60fps at 1080p medium to high quality in most games, and it's affordable. Just make sure you understand what you're getting, because if you're looking at building a budget gaming PC, you'll almost always be better served by spending a bit more money.

Just make sure you understand what you're getting, because if you're looking at building a budget gaming PC, you'll almost always be better served by spending a bit more money.