Problem with KBVS

Wow, you are totally correct -- when I uploaded the file, I knew I was uploading a night shot, but I could clearly see the problem so I thought nothing of it.  I don't understand why it looks so dark now... I will upload a daylight shot.  Lesson learned.  Thanks, Scott 

I apparently don't know how to edit the previous post so that I'm able to post other pictures.  I have the "daylight" ones, but can not upload them because they, combined with the ones I've previously uploaded total more than 7MB.   When I click on the images, I'm able to see the problem fairly well.  

4 hours ago, sfreeby41163 said:

I apparently don't know how to edit the previous post so that I'm able to post other pictures.  I have the "daylight" ones, but can not upload them because they, combined with the ones I've previously uploaded total more than 7MB.   When I click on the images, I'm able to see the problem fairly well.  

If you are on Windows then there is an in built tool called Snipping Tool. Search for it and take a shot with that or upload your pic to somewhere like Imagur.

https://imgur.com/

Also make sure the pic is in jpg. 

Take a new pic just of daylight. Reattaching the dark shots would not serve any purpose. No need to edit your original post just add the daylight pic to a reply post.

Also describe briefly your issue

Hello again - Here is the issue:

1.  When I first installed KBVS it worked perfectly - I've been flying out of it on a fairly consistent basis.  After the update to fix the water textures, everything still worked fine

2. Yesterday I tried to fly out of Skagit (KBVS) and was met with a picture similar to the one I've attached

3. I tried verify files for both TE Washington SD and Skagit - files verified

4. I flew to Anacortes and found similar problem.  Still had problem at KBVS and surrounding area.

5. I uninstalled Skagit and then flew again - The runways were back to normal, but the surrounding area outside the airport had a raised elevation problem

6. I uninstalled Skagit, TEWashington SD.  Made sure everything was right with
scenery_packs.ini

7. I reinstalled TEWashington SD - problem still existed. Made sure everything was right with scenery_packs.ini

8. I reinstalled Skagit, problem still existed. Made sure everything was right with scenery_packs.ini

9. Removed recent updates to "fixes" for elevation problems "CA15" and one other

10. Made sure everything was right with scenery_packs.ini.  Flew again, same problem as you see in picture

Cessna at Skagit with TEWashSD.jpg

Cessna_172SP - 2020-06-20 01.38.41.jpg

Log.txt SFscenery_packs.ini

Hi Jon - Well, that did the trick.  I turned on "Runways follow terrain" and problem solved.  I am curious... why have I had no problems with this being turned off for the past 5 or 6 months?  I had an issue with terrain previously and was advised to not check the "follow terrain" box.  Back then, unchecking the box solved my problem.  I missed seeing the contour of the runway, but was happy that my terrain issues had been solved.  No complaint here, I'm delighted to have the contours back!  But I am trying to think of why, out of the blue, the terrain would have such a violent reaction to not having the box checked?  If you have an opinion, I'd like to hear from you - otherwise, you can chalk another save up on the side of your fuselage!  Thank you so much!  Sincerely, Scott :) 

4 hours ago, sfreeby41163 said:

Hi Jon - Well, that did the trick.  I turned on "Runways follow terrain" and problem solved.  I am curious... why have I had no problems with this being turned off for the past 5 or 6 months?  I had an issue with terrain previously and was advised to not check the "follow terrain" box.  Back then, unchecking the box solved my problem.  I missed seeing the contour of the runway, but was happy that my terrain issues had been solved.  No complaint here, I'm delighted to have the contours back!  But I am trying to think of why, out of the blue, the terrain would have such a violent reaction to not having the box checked?  If you have an opinion, I'd like to hear from you - otherwise, you can chalk another save up on the side of your fuselage!  Thank you so much!  Sincerely, Scott :) 

Depends on the airport and complexity of the mesh etc. Generally speaking you would have the option enabled.

Archived