TE So Cal - part 2

Dario

Great shots. And, I think, my favourite place to be, sim-wise. I've just managed to get a new PC configured and finally have a workable (for me) P3D system again. Maxed out sliders and decent frame rates and no (very few, anyway) stutters. But after weeks of messing with P3D I went back to XP and SoCal HD and remembered "Ahh, this is what I want it to be like". I had a pretty good west coast environment with Forkboy's stuff and a bunch of other add-ons, but as ever, Orbx trumped them with TE. Cain't be beat!

12 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Great shots. And, I think, my favourite place to be, sim-wise. I've just managed to get a new PC configured and finally have a workable (for me) P3D system again. Maxed out sliders and decent frame rates and no (very few, anyway) stutters. But after weeks of messing with P3D I went back to XP and SoCal HD and remembered "Ahh, this is what I want it to be like". I had a pretty good west coast environment with Forkboy's stuff and a bunch of other add-ons, but as ever, Orbx trumped them with TE. Cain't be beat!

Thank you very much , Andy! :) This is indeed an amazing region, probably also my favourite one. Being able to fly over such a realistic terrain without stutters is a real pleasure. Regards and happy flights! 

14 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

By the way, did you install XP Realistic V2? It makes wonders.....  

1 hour ago, Dario said:

By the way, did you install XP Realistic V2? It makes wonders.....  

Hi Dario, wasn't aware of this, thanks. Just had a quick look and I'll probably pass, I suspect. The realism I'm into is the realism outside, rather than the flying experience - I have whatever realism settings are available in whatever sim turned way down - I can wobble and shudder well enough without help from reality. My ideal mode of transport would probably be a mind-controlled flying Laz-E-Boy, so I could just cruise or hover and gawp at everything all around me. Not to say that I don't have a huge hangar, and I do keep buying aircraft, even several that I'll probably never manage to get off the ground properly, but I'm a ctrl-e guy at heart.

I'll go and take a look through the video for XP Realistic though. You never know . .

27 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Dario, wasn't aware of this, thanks. Just had a quick look and I'll probably pass, I suspect. The realism I'm into is the realism outside, rather than the flying experience - I have whatever realism settings are available in whatever sim turned way down - I can wobble and shudder well enough without help from reality. My ideal mode of transport would probably be a mind-controlled flying Laz-E-Boy, so I could just cruise or hover and gawp at everything all around me. Not to say that I don't have a huge hangar, and I do keep buying aircraft, even several that I'll probably never manage to get off the ground properly, but I'm a ctrl-e guy at heart.

I'll go and take a look through the video for XP Realistic though. You never know . .

In this case, if you prefer to fly from the outside, I think XP Realistic is not worth the investment for you. 

It is interesting how each of us simmers find pleasure in so many different aspects of flying. Recently I started to make many flights just for the sake of taking screenshots, and I find it really engaging (not to mention addictive). 

Regards, 

Dario

3 hours ago, Dario said:

Recently I started to make many flights just for the sake of taking screenshots,

Actually, one of the things I really like about XP is the easy way to save a flight as a situation that can be replayed. This way I can actually take the time to stay in the cockpit for the whole flight, save it, and then come back and mess around changing views, taking screenshots etc via the replay. Best of both worlds! I guess there may be a way to do the same thing in P3D but it's a doddle in XP, and it's great to be able to revisit a flight if it has been a really good one. And they don't seem to take up too much space either (but then I do have several spare TB of HD if I need it)

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Top class shots Dario .

Thank you very much, John! :) 

2 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Actually, one of the things I really like about XP is the easy way to save a flight as a situation that can be replayed. This way I can actually take the time to stay in the cockpit for the whole flight, save it, and then come back and mess around changing views, taking screenshots etc via the replay. Best of both worlds! I guess there may be a way to do the same thing in P3D but it's a doddle in XP, and it's great to be able to revisit a flight if it has been a really good one. And they don't seem to take up too much space either (but then I do have several spare TB of HD if I need it)

Totally agreed, Andy! So much easier in XP11 than in P3D. 

Archived