Comments on CR1 Beech 18 for FSX

Sniper31

Looking at the screenies, I would say that the freeware of milton Shupe's, ported for FSX, is superior. I don't have this payware one, but I fly the freeware one a lot, in fact it is one of my favorite aircraft..

:D

h

I have the plane.  I like it, it's more realistic in it's handling than the free ware one.  ( though the Supe version is nice,all his work is...)  The customer support is excellent. If you like old tail draggers, it's a great deal.  Let me warn you, taxi steering is done mostly with throttles, just as the real bird did.  You MUST read the manual!  I didn't and couldn't even get it to run.  After reasing the manual, so I did it right, it became a very fun old bird. Animations are good, detail is too.  An improvement on the old Simtech freebie, not just a port over.

Sue

I have it too. I can't recommend it to those who like to have quality graphics. The freeware ( Schuppes)one has a superior cockpit and skin. The paint job doesnt really rate , being a flat matt and generaly inferior looking.  I'll take Sue's word on the flight model .

The service is great as I found out and ended up exchanging a few emails in conversation about what most of us are looking for. I found him to be responsive . I think he is going through a learning curve and is thinking longterm with his aircraft.  Has some connection/ participation with the old Aces Team . 

If I remember right this maybe some kind of port over with three left to do then its fsx for him.  I wish him well , he comes across as a nice guy but again I cant really recommend this to us here that have got used to a better standard. Its a bit fs9-ish .

As far as special deals , I beleive the full price is around $7.50 .  I was going to show you a cockpit shot but, jeez ,fsx is slow loading up today. One of those days in the sim !

I find it hard to understand why you would buy this A/C, with the panel and textures shown above, which to me look like a cartoon. when you can have this one for free. And as far as the flight dynamics go, I cannot fault them, great sound too. Teecee.

Posted Image

I find it hard to understand why you would buy this A/C, with the panel and textures shown above, which to me look like a cartoon. when you can have this one for free. And as far as the flight dynamics go, I cannot fault them, great sound too. Teecee.

Posted Image

Well, after some consideration I don't think I will be buying this one.

....better than a helicopter  :P    ....its free ,  dont cost much to find out  ;D            (sorry ! )  Ive only done a quick circuit in as of yet ,but I think it sounds and flys the same as Schuppes original . Need to go up again

Archived