Move Orbx LIBRARY from Drive C to Drive X

My P3d v5 sim is on a brand new drive named Drive S.  That is the only program on this new SSD drive.  My P3d v4 is on my C drive. My Orbx Libraries for both P3d V5 and P3d V4 are on my C drive.  They take up much too much space.  I have an X drive that has 2 gigs (not SSD) and it has lots of space on it.  Can I, and how can I move my libraries to my massive X drive and still have them communicate with my P3d v5 on my S drive and P3d v4 on my C drive?

Thanks.

Stan

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

I did.  It sounds easy, but a bit confusing.  When it says, "Remove the library that you would like to move"...my choices are Edit, and Delete.   Should I delete it?  Is that "removing it"?

Then it says to close Central by clicking on the "tray" and selecting "quit".  What is the Tray?  I can't seem to find the command, "quit".

I would like a specific direction on this so that I don't have to reinstall all my files.

Stan

The drive on which I have my P3Dv4 abd P3Dv5 installations, including Orbx library, is getting a bit full, so I wanted to move the Library to a separate drive which has plenty of space.

I followed the instructions in the Orbx Central guide, but encountered a serious problem which now leaves me with none of my Orbx sceneries working.

The instructions said to Remove the Libraty -- done.

Then close central - done. (my X button is set to close it -- it doesn't go to the tray)

Move the folder to the other drive: I actually copied it instead, in case of any corruption whilst moving. I'd prefer to test it then delete the original.

In Central again, "Create new library"., give it a name, enter the new location, click "Save":  Done.

But then a RED message appears "The library location isn't empty". I cannot "Save" only close.

This leaves me with no Orbx products installed at all!

I assume I've done something wrong, but I followed the instructions step by step.

BTW using the "Scan for Libraries" option instead of "Create a New Library", which seems a more logical choice, lists both my original and the new copy,  It allows me to select either, but on pressing "Save" it also comes up with the same red message.

It seems this facility is only designed for making a new empty library. Please tell me how i can get Central to use the library I have!

Thanks,

Pete Dowson

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Please tell me how i can get Central to use the library I have!

Hello Peter,

you need to drag your original folder out on to your desktop ( I actually copied it instead, in case of any corruption whilst moving. I'd prefer to test it then delete the original. )

In the original position it is still being seen by Central. :(

3 hours ago, Smudger said:

Hello Peter,

you need to drag your original folder out on to your desktop ( I actually copied it instead, in case of any corruption whilst moving. I'd prefer to test it then delete the original. )

In the original position it is still being seen by Central. :(

Yes, I know it is -- and i get the choice between the original and the copy when I ask it to search. But it displays the two for me to choose from and it doesn't allow me to choose either because neither are "empty"!!!

Moving it to the desktop would copy it to my system drive and there definitely isn't room there!

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Also, check out Nick's work around in the below topic.

Thanks! I'll take a look.

Pete

14 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Moving it to the desktop would copy it to my system drive and there definitely isn't room there!

Have you room on another drive, anywhere away from it's original location ?

4 hours ago, Smudger said:

Have you room on another drive, anywhere away from it's original location ?

Yes, that's where it is and where I want Central to use it because the original location is becoming too full -- as I explained. It's a different drive on the same PC. I want to move the library to that different drive. that's the point.

Pete

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Pete,

I see that you have your solution at the Avsim forum.

Yes, working on it now. After the folder selection and renaming business I've been Verifying. For most entries that frst comes up with an error in Central saying the details couldn't be found. Seems I have to click verify at least twice. In one case, so far, I've had to uninstall and reinstall.

So it isn't really good. Takes time and patience!

And surely it must be a bug in Central which causes it to reject your choice of a librarywhen you use Search for Libraries and select one. Rejecting that choice because the library found is not empty seens totally illogical when it has just searched and found it.

BTW I've been advised to Sync Simulator at the end of the process too. Maybe that should be added when the documentation is fixed.

Pete

Archived