KORS 7- Windsocks -P3D v5

6 hours ago, FlyBlueSkies said:

KORS has a bit too many windsocks.

Hello, 

This is an interesting problem, perhaps related to ObjectFlow for P3D v5. @Mitchell Williamson Typically the xml code for windsocks tells the sim to rotate the windsock model around its datum according to the wind direction at that point. Perhaps Mitch can elucidate. 

Larry

• Nick Cooper changed the title to KORS 7- Windsocks -P3D v5
17 hours ago, Larry_R said:

This is an interesting problem, perhaps related to ObjectFlow for P3D v5. @Mitchell Williamson Typically the xml code for windsocks tells the sim to rotate the windsock model around its datum according to the wind direction at that point. Perhaps Mitch can elucidate. 

I found a case over the weekend in which ObjectFlow won't unload objects correctly. This can cause some duplication like the case above. I'll fix that up this week ;) 

Thanks Mitchell!

Looks good! I checked several of the other sceneries for multiple windsocks and they all appear to work correctly.

One thing I still notice at 1S2, is that a bench or table appears to be missing. Not sure if this is a OF issue or not...

On 5/26/2020 at 9:39 PM, FlyBlueSkies said:

This looks good, but I'm getting a lot more stuttering now with the new OF.

What kind of stuttering are you getting? Is it only when coming/going to the airport, or is it persistent?

Some airports that have thousands of objects can stutter when the sim is loading them in (or unloading them).

Thank you Mitchell, it does happen as I approach Orbx airports. I do realize that when loading the different objects the sim can stutter. But for me, when OF 3.0.3 was released, I did not have stutters as I approached many of the same Orbx airports. When OF 3.0.4 was released to solve the windsock problem, the stutters started to reappear.

16 hours ago, FlyBlueSkies said:

But for me, when OF 3.0.3 was released, I did not have stutters as I approached many of the same Orbx airports. When OF 3.0.4 was released to solve the windsock problem, the stutters started to reappear.

I'll do a few flights over the weekend and see if I can figure that out. We currently load and unload object in batches, so there may be some adjustments to that logic we can do to optimise this.

7 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

I'll do a few flights over the weekend and see if I can figure that out. We currently load and unload object in batches, so there may be some adjustments to that logic we can do to optimise this.

That would be great! Thank you for looking into this!

• 3 months later...

For what it is worth I too have noticed that with the fixed windsocks has come increased stuttering, but I am running FSX Steam, not P3D. The stuttering can occur randomly within a given airport but also enroute. One very good and totally repeatable example is taking off from runway 18 at 74S Anacortes and doing a long and wide left hand circuit around the hills and back over the refinery area. There will be a couple of very obvious ones during that circuit. They were much less noticeable before the update.

Probably spoke too soon. Went back to an earlier disk image previous to the latest Orbx updates. Yes, the (relatively) "big" stutters such as the ones I mentioned above are actually only very slightly worse than before (or maybe even just the same) but other more numerous and previously very minor and subtle "micro" stutters have been dramatically reduced if not virtually eliminated. So I guess if there is always a compromise, better to have a few very brief stutters per flight than larger numbers of the "micro" stutters.

By the way, the windsocks seem to all be working for me now except for Harvey (S43) where the windsock does nothing at all.

Archived