Orbx Central Fantastic

Congratulations Ben!

I am super impressed with the functionality and ease of use of Orbx Central. The ease of re-installing into P3DV5 when I had to start over because the entire contents of P3DV5 was deleted, was fantastic.

Thank you!

I do have two questions:

1. I have been backing up my manually downloaded installers for years. That practice does not appear to be necessary any longer.  Is it safe to delete them?

2. In the latest install of P3DV5, I moved my Orbx install out of the P3DV5 folder to a seperate library on the same M2 SSD. Is there any advantage to have Orbx installed in the P3DV5 folder?

Greg

55 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Congratulations Ben!

I am super impressed with the functionality and ease of use of Orbx Central. The ease of re-installing into P3DV5 when I had to start over because the entire contents of P3DV5 was deleted, was fantastic.

Thank you!

I do have two questions:

1. I have been backing up my manually downloaded installers for years. That practice does not appear to be necessary any longer.  Is it safe to delete them?

2. In the latest install of P3DV5, I moved my Orbx install out of the P3DV5 folder to a seperate library on the same M2 SSD. Is there any advantage to have Orbx installed in the P3DV5 folder?

Greg

for question 1 - if you speak about the quad installers from Flightsimstore they havent been working since FSS went down. They are of no use now.

5 hours ago, merlinux said:

for question 1 - if you speak about the quad installers from Flightsimstore they havent been working since FSS went down. They are of no use now.

I was referring to the installers I downloaded from Orbx Direct after the license transition.

Greg

1 hour ago, gregmorin said:

I was referring to the installers I downloaded from Orbx Direct after the license transition.

Greg

Oh ok I never got those :) When I switched my account to orbxdirect they weren't available. You could just download the data files and install them with ftx central. But I think I was a little bit late to the party.

8 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Hi, yes these are no longer compatible with Orbx Central.

8 hours ago, gregmorin said:

No, not really.

Archived