ian gregson

Hi

After purchasing  Orbx north and central I am unable to load them onto my computer it gets almost there then freezes saying files not loaded go to verify files .

Having done this 3 times now and wasted almost 2 days I am at a loss to know what to do .

There is lots of memory left on my disc far more than these would take, I contacted my computer technician who built the computer and he has tried via Teamshare where he takes over my computer and operates the mouse, even he has failed to get to  the end of the download.

If I am not able  to  load this after several tries I feel I should have a complete refund or Contact from someone who can sort this out.

It is very stressful trying to load this wasting at least 2 days now.

I also copied the suggestions in the support section and mailed them to him still no joy.

Please help or refund

Yours Faithfully

Ian Gregson

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

The process should be straightforward.

1. Download Orbx Central from any of the "Get Central" links at Orbx Direct.

2. Install Orbx Central.

3. Open Orbx Central and if you have more than one simulator, select X Plane 11.

4. Go to the product page of your first purchase and select Install.

Can you please state which operating system you have on your computer and at which point it fails to install please?

Hi Nick

Thank you for replying to me so promptly

My system is windows 10  and the download always fails at about 80% of the load the same for each item.

As i said I am not great with computers being 75 years old but young at heart and not a bad simulator pilot.

As I said in my message I have a computer guy who actually built my computer and he took it over with teamshare where upon he can control everything on my computer in real time 

He is also unable to figure out why this is happening as there is lots of storage on the disc even though this is a large programme.

I only have the one system and have had no problem with other programmes such as Headshake  X camera  X life .

I have been 2 days trying to get this going even bought England Central to see if that would load but it fail about the same spot as England North

a message keeps coming up files missing go to verify files , when I do this nothing else happens.

I am at a loss what to do ,it is hard to contact Orbx for a refund as there is no address to contact . and I am lost on these forum things.

Regards

Ian Gregson   01695 574839     gregos0150@gmail.com

10 hours ago, IAN GREGSON said:

Hi Nick

Thank you for replying to me so promptly

My system is windows 10  and the download always fails at about 80% of the load the same for each item.

As i said I am not great with computers being 75 years old but young at heart and not a bad simulator pilot.

As I said in my message I have a computer guy who actually built my computer and he took it over with teamshare where upon he can control everything on my computer in real time 

He is also unable to figure out why this is happening as there is lots of storage on the disc even though this is a large programme.

I only have the one system and have had no problem with other programmes such as Headshake  X camera  X life .

I have been 2 days trying to get this going even bought England Central to see if that would load but it fail about the same spot as England North

a message keeps coming up files missing go to verify files , when I do this nothing else happens.

I am at a loss what to do ,it is hard to contact Orbx for a refund as there is no address to contact . and I am lost on these forum things.

Regards

Ian Gregson   01695 574839     gregos0150@gmail.com

Make sure when you read the link Doug gave you, that you pay particular attention to the part regarding the location of your Temp folder. By default it is located on the C drive. I think that the problem you have is that there may not be enough free disk space on the C drive. 

Have your PC guy tell me what free space there is on your C drive, and what space there is on your other drive(s)

Don't apply for a refund until we have tried to resolve this for you.

Age doesn't matter in these things Ian. I am old too:)

Hi Jon

Thanks for the input I will get my guy to try what you suggest as he understands these things.

C drive has 143 gb free

D drive has 768gb free

i WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY VIA PAYPAL TO HAVE SOMEONE SORT THIS OUT USING TEAMVIEWER ITS QUICK AND SAFE.

Ian Gregson

Archived