Airport starts spinning EGKA and EGHI when I load them

I have a custom built simulator with glass cockpit built by (TRC Netherlands)  which has a student station where I select an airport which then loads onto the projector screen, The problem is that whn I load these airports the don't load correctly and starts to spin including the compass on the G1000 MFD I have attached a very short video clip,

please can anyone help me resolve this issue? 

On 5/13/2020 at 6:10 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the only time I have seen anything like this is if the simulator is in SLEW mode and the SLEW (Rotate axis)

control is out of calibration. Could it be that?

Hello,

apparently my answer went unnoticed.

If you calibrate whatever device you have set to use for your SLEW mode, you should solve the problem of the view

spinning when the SLEW mode is selected. It has happened to me before but the reason for me was that the control

hardware would not return to its central position. In the end, I reassigned the SLEW actions to another device.

Two things Alan:

One: You need to re-save your start up Scenario quickly, after you have turned off the SLEW mode ('Y') . That will stop it starting in that mode.

Secondly: As Nick says; one of the axis in your devices may not be centred, or is assigned to a slew command. (eg. you may have your throttle axis assigned to Rotate and it will never be centred.)

The best solution is to: In the P3D Menu, go into Controls; then select each of the devices you have, one by one, Select the 'Slew' drop down and then delete each of the many default slew Axis controls. Go onto the next device and do the same. It will not affect the axis assignments in normal flying operation.

All you need to do in the future is if you are using Slew at any stage (eg to modify parking positions in GSX2), to use the nine numeric keyboard controls. 

Aussie

Hi Gentlemen,

Thank you all for your valuable  help, I tried entering the Y key which stopped the spinning and now I will attempt to try the other suggestions to prevent it happening in future.

Once again Thank you all!!

Alan (Majestic 1)

Archived