OZ and NZ AI traffic: multiple title names - means hundreds of click to start sim.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Ai traffic many times in unsuccessful attempt to solve this  problem.   I need you help and solution.

Here's the problem...

every time I run P3D v4.5 I have to click "close" about 800 times before I get to run my sim. Sim thinks I have duplicates of all the Orbx AI aircraft. Screen shot of one of the clicks I have to do, and screen shot of my "P" folder where AI aircraft are located.

Thanks for helping, my fingers can't click the mouse another 800 times just to run the sim once.

Greg

snip multiple title names.PNG

snip my FTX  ai folder.PNG

I would remove all the FTX aircraft from the P3D Orbx folder.

The run Orbx Central to uninstall the AI Traffic add-ons.  That will clean up any ADE files etc.

Then after testing that the messages are gone from your start up, use Orbx Central to reinstall the traffic add-ons.

Hi John,

I've done that exact thing you suggest many, many times. Same result is that when I install the AI traffic, I have to click every "close" on every single FTX aircraft and livery before I even get to run P3D.

There must be a reason for the error message that needs to be tracked down.

I would have assumed that the message would be from when the program looks at the actual aircraft folders but maybe the record is stored somewhere else.

If you uninstall the AI Traffic, then ensure the aircraft folders are gone from Sim Objects folder, I can't see how the sim can be generating these messages.

2 hours ago, Kiwigreg71 said:

Thus, I've kindly requested Orbx folks to trouble shoot this.  I hope hear from them.

What other places could the Orbx aircraft folders be automatically stored?

Hello,

what does this mean please?

You are already in a conversation with an "Orbx folk".

A simple way to discover how you have managed to install multiple copies of aircraft is to

make a search for one of the file names, using Windows File Explorer.

This will, by definition,  produce more than one result and show you where the files are.

I would agree with John that there are most likely copies remaining inside the simulator

folder as well as copies outside, following your decision to move the product to a Library.

Once the search has shown you where they are, delete all of those remaining in the simulator folder.

If you are not sure, delete them all and then run Verify files for the product.

Hi Nick and John,

With your guidance I have found that I have duplicate Orbx files for my AI aircraft files.. one set was in the P3d aircraft folders, the other set is in my Orbx libraries that are located outside of the p3d files .I delete the inside folders, and all is working.

Thankyou.

2 hours ago, Kiwigreg71 said:

Hi Nick and John,

With your guidance I have found that I have duplicate Orbx files for my AI aircraft files.. one set was in the P3d aircraft folders, the other set is in my Orbx libraries that are located outside of the p3d files .I delete the inside folders, and all is working.

Thankyou.

Well well well there ya go... that was going to be my next suggestion.  Good job.

Archived