P3Dv5 missing after Central update

Hi,

Orbx Central just updated to v4.1.8 After scanning my computer it doesn't recognize my P3Dv5 anymore, which was no problem in v4.1.7; both (v4 and v5) were found by Orbx...

How can I solve this?

Thanks!

Turambar

I have the same issue, all my Orbx content is no longer being referenced in the Add-ons.cfg nor in scenery.cfg ... no pathing reference, nothing at all.

This entry seems to be missing?

[DiscoveryPath.0]
PATH=D:\Orbx\LibraryV5\p3dv5
TITLE=Orbx P3D V5 Main Library
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Tried to uninstall and re-install and verify files and still no go.

This happened after the v4.1.8 update also ... or maybe some other add-on??

Attached my central.log that seems to think all is good when it's missing a key entry?

Cheers, Rob.

central.log

UPDATE:

Confirmed that was the case ... the DiscoveryPath entry got removed.

To resolve it, bring up OC, goto Library section, edit library, make no changes, hit Save.  This will re-create the entry in Add-On.cfg.

Cheers, Rob.

15 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I have the same issue, all my Orbx content is no longer being referenced in the Add-ons.cfg nor in scenery.cfg ... no pathing reference, nothing at all.

This entry seems to be missing?

[DiscoveryPath.0]
PATH=D:\Orbx\LibraryV5\p3dv5
TITLE=Orbx P3D V5 Main Library
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Tried to uninstall and re-install and verify files and still no go.

This happened after the v4.1.8 update also ... or maybe some other add-on??

Attached my central.log that seems to think all is good when it's missing a key entry?

Cheers, Rob.

central.log 163.58 kB · 0 downloads

I’ve been following this post.  This morning I updated Central to see what would happen.  It works just fine, Central sees V5 with no problems.  I wonder why it works for me and not others.  This is curious to me.

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

This is curious to me.

Me too, the other possibility is that another 3rd party product wiped the entry or uninstall restored a backup version that was created before Orbx entries were added ... many possibilities ... BUT, what was very odd is that OC doesn't appear to check for the entry at startup and/or during the "Verify Files" process ... it's a critical entry.

Cheers, Rob.

Just now, Rob Ainscough said:

Me too, the other possibility is that another 3rd party product wiped the entry or uninstall restored a backup version that was created before Orbx entries were added ... many possibilities ... BUT, what was very odd is that OC doesn't appear to check for the entry at startup and/or during the "Verify Files" process ... it's a critical entry.

Cheers, Rob.

Well, this is over my head Rob, but still curious.  I hope that when you get it figured out you’ll post back and say what it was.

Archived