TerraFlora v2 not working at all

I have P3D 5.0.24.34874, Orbx Base and OpenLC North America.  These products work fine.

I purchased TerraFlora v2 today and the trees look exactly the same as the default trees, no matter what I do.  To test this, I uninstalled TerraFlora completely, and nothing changes whether it's installed or not.

It's installed at the following directory:

C:\Users\myname\Orbx Library\p3dv5\Global TerraFlora v2

Do I have to add it manually into the scenery library? If so, what path do I use? The following?

C:\Users\myname\Orbx Library\p3dv5\Global TerraFlora v2\scenery

I'm really happy with Orbx so far, but this is disappointing that I still have the crappy bright green trees in the default P3D after spending $23. Any help is appreciated.

Hi, welcome to the forums

Orbx products and the Orbx Library should never be installed inside the operating system as you have done installing to C:\Users\user.

Please delete this library location and create a new folder outside of the operating system.

No, you do not need to add anything manually.

And to get rid of the "crappy bright green trees in the default P3D" you will still need to Untick the “Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation” option in the P3D settings Options/World, then restart your sim.

15 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi, welcome to the forums

Orbx products and the Orbx Library should never be installed inside the operating system as you have done installing to C:\Users\user.

Please delete this library location and create a new folder outside of the operating system.

No, you do not need to add anything manually.

Doug, 

Thanks for the quick response.

When I click the Install button for TerraFlora, it says "Where would you like to install this product?"

• Simulator: This product cannot be installed directly into a simulator.
  • Library: Install to a library located outside your simulator folder. It will automatically link to your simulator.

Clicking the second option, "Main Library", automatically installs it to C:\Users\user\Orbx library.  I don't have the option to install it anywhere else.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm not sure what you mean by outside the operating system. Are step by step instructions available? Thanks!

12 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

Clicking the second option, "Main Library", automatically installs it to C:\Users\user\Orbx library.  I don't have the option to install it anywhere else.

Yes you may be correct with that notification, but I would not recommend installing it there.

You will also need to install ObjectFlow which requires the external library

Also be sure to install the Orbx Libraries.

Then go to settings\help and run the sync simulator function.

32 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

And to get rid of the "crappy bright green trees in the default P3D" you will still need to Untick the “Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation” option in the P3D settings Options/World, then restart your sim.

As they say you live and learn, I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure C:\Users\user\Orbx library location pops up as the default option and is certainly the one I used. I've changed it now but I wonder how many others have fallen into this situation?

Could I ask is there any one place where all this stuff about library locations and useage is covered (I have always just used the recommended and easy option when I installed Orbx software ie inside the P3D directory, mainly after all the issues when the Orbx central was launched). I look at the forums and pick up stuff but it is easy to miss issues - like this one.

Thanks

Brian

Archived