YTYA Crash when spawning

Hey, I am having trouble with the Tyabb airport in V5. As soon as I spawn, the game tells me I crashed and reloads the standard flight. I have not had the old Australia mesh installed and also have ticked the Australia v2 compatibility option in the configurator. 

I havent tried all parking spots, but it happens at most of them. Apart from Australia V2, I only have some other FTX regions and Base installed as well as some A2A aircraft. 

It works when I disable crash detection, but it's not an ideal solution for me, as I would like that option enabled. 

The perceived wisdom and eternal advice for scenery crashes due to the crash detection is to turn it off.  It's not realistic so there's no real point in having it on anyway.

I haven't had crash detection enabled since the early days of FSX, I know when I've crashed.  If crash detection was even remotely to the point it would disable your computer for 24 hours or destroy your operating system if you totalled your plane.

Hi

Crash detection is a flawed feature (Gimmick) of the core simulator and was conceived before the evolution of 3rd party addons started becoming popular, and it does nothing to add realism. Developers have always done their best to accommodate it, but there are many instances where it is not possible with the ever more complex addons being developed, so it is probably not economically feasible for them to waste their precious creative time trying to fully accommodate a very unpopular broken feature.

I believe that most flight simmers would never tolerate a flawed crash detection feature that would shut down their experience without their consent, they know when they have crashed. I also believe that if the ability to turn it off did not exist, the flight simming business would also not exist. :)

So, I guess another way to see the reality of it is that some modern addons are simply not going to be fully compatible with ancient features.

It's just that I have never had any problem with any scenery, be it Orbx or other developers that had issues with crash detection.

I think it should be in the store description, or at least in the manual that it is incompatible with crash detection.

4 hours ago, kopolla said:

It's just that I have never had any problem with any scenery, be it Orbx or other developers that had issues with crash detection.

I think it should be in the store description, or at least in the manual that it is incompatible with crash detection.

I think it's possible it's a V5 thing, if so, Orbx can't be expected to be responsible for something that has been created by an external update.

I believe LM will be looking at why there are new crash occurrences in V5 and maybe they will come up with a solution.

For now, if you are using V5, you will be better off turning off the crash detection as suggested.

7 hours ago, kopolla said:

Do you have any A2A aircraft? They at least come closer to a realistic scenario then the simulator.

I use A2A exclusively. 

The reason I like crash detection turned on is sometimes when I fly low I like to know I clipped something (even if it is sometimes unaccurate). Might sound stupid, but I like it that way

On 5/9/2020 at 3:19 PM, John Dow said:

I think it's possible it's a V5 thing, if so, Orbx can't be expected to be responsible for something that has been created by an external update.

Not sure it is a V5 thing, when I was searching the forum for a fix it seemed other people had the same problem in earlier versions. 

Archived