TE Netherlands, stutter party in v5

Hi all, thought those stuttery days were over, but they are back in v5. Every 3 seconds a stutter with otherwise locked 30FPS, really annoying. Needless to say that I do not have those regular stutters in v4.5, although the FPS are slightly lower (around 25-30). Needless to say, that I use the same settings in v5 as I do in v4.5 (except enhanced atmospherics). And, of course, outside TE Netherlands, no regular 3 second stutters are visible. What could be the culprit here? Thanks for any hint...

Regards

Chris

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

What could be the culprit here?

Hello Chris,

There has been in the past a reference to switching certain parts OFF in the TE Netherlands config, included with my pic are the Water and Oil tanks.

The big culprit I recall were the Shed model. You can only try ;)

TE Netherlands config.jpg

Ok, I was aware about the "shed model", which is inactive in my installation since some time. However, "water and oil tanks" is active, I will once try without. Thanks for the reminder.

Well, I will try this evening. If it is not the shed model or the stuff mentioned above by Smudger, I am lost and back to field 1. Fact is, those stutters are utterly regular (even in slew mode), they are absent in pause mode and they are certainly not visible for example over Aerosofts EGLL scenery, where generally the FPS are even lower (as such, a more demanding scenery). And, with lower general settings, FPS shoot up, but those 3 seconds stutter remain, they get just less prominent.

Something is anyway wrong with my TE Netherlands product. I also see strange effects on inland waters, like half of the texture missing. I did now a verify files and it downloaded some stuff, maybe this also did not help to run stutter free ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I was not able to resolve this, TE Netherlands now for sure correctly installed. Still around EHAM (FT scenery, but even if it is deactivated, the results are the same), the 3 second stutter is most noticable. Less further away and much less (almost not noticable) outside TE Netherlands. If I fly in a region where only Orbx Global is active (Asia for example), I do not have those 3 second stutters.

Something with Orbx and for sure TE products does not go along with my P3D setup it seems. And it is related to v5, as those regular 3 seconds stutter are completely absent in v4.5 using exact the same scenery addons. I am lost, but TE Netherlands is now unusable for me in v5...

15 hours ago, AnkH said:

Update: I was not able to resolve this, TE Netherlands now for sure correctly installed. Still around EHAM (FT scenery, but even if it is deactivated, the results are the same), the 3 second stutter is most noticable. Less further away and much less (almost not noticable) outside TE Netherlands. If I fly in a region where only Orbx Global is active (Asia for example), I do not have those 3 second stutters.

Something with Orbx and for sure TE products does not go along with my P3D setup it seems. And it is related to v5, as those regular 3 seconds stutter are completely absent in v4.5 using exact the same scenery addons. I am lost, but TE Netherlands is now unusable for me in v5...

U can also try to lower the texture resolution slider (last slider) to 15m or 30m. i found that with some scenery addons this slider on max will cause weird Stuttering and it eliminate with a step lower.. if u have that at max u should try one or two steps back

Never had any issues with this setting on max in v4.5, but I will give this a try. However, due to the absolute regular pattern of a stutter every 3 seconds, I really doubt that it is related to the texture resolution. Something bogging down performance regularly every 3 seconds resulting in a stutter must be the culprit, something that is only present in v5 but not v4.5. But so far, I did not find it. Might be related to something like VSYNC, G-Sync, render frames ahead etc., but I simply do not find the cause so far. Really frustrating...

I am having the same kind of issues, I get flashing clouds and then at the same time the sim stutters quite violently. Did not have that in v4.5. I only have that issue within the Netherlands area .

It seems however that the problem lies in the way v5 handles the scenery loading,  i can make it stutter less by dialing the scenery settings down (below what i used in V4.5) .

I also had flashing ground textures but they disappear with switching off dynamic texture streaming.

It seems the flashing cloud stutters are there when p3d struggles with the scenery. The problem is who's going to be the one that can fix this??? Lockheed or Orbx . 

Regards,

Remco

• 5 months later...

I also have pretty much the same problem, my CPU usage goes to insanity when using TE Netherlands (It's a Ryzen 3700x for those who want to know). It will then first give light stutters but then hangs for a good half of a minute and then continues with luck. A no go for me with V5 but such a shame as it gives the best representation of the Netherlands. Hope you guys can fix it!

Regards,

Daan

for some reason yesterday I can't launch v5, however I was finding that if I limited fps it was a slide show, for me at least unlimited meant it was smooth.....really strange how it's so different for so many people, I hope you get it sorted, I spent 5 hours yesterday and got no where.....

Archived