Found library location isn't empty..

Operating system:  Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 

Simulator:  FS2/FSX Steam/P3D/XP11

Screenshot:  See below

Issue:  Found Library won't create due to it not being empty 

Tip top of the morning to you all,

X-Plane 11 took a huge dump just now, and brought my machine down with it. After manually powering down and rebooting, the next time I started Orbx Central it had lost it's connection to the library folder and basically acted like it was starting as a new install. After re-configuring the Temp and Backup locations, I went into the Settings and carried out the following steps to try and reconnect my existing Library folder (screenshots attached):

1. Clicked on 'Scan for Libraries',
  2. The existing Library on my external SSD was very quickly found (F:\Orbx Library, Products found: 251),
  3.  Clicked 'Add Library',
  4. Clicked 'Save',
  5. Got the dreaded 'The Library location isn't empty' message.

I keep getting that message, and as a result I'm unable to reconnect Orbx Central to my existing library (which, as you may have noticed, is kinda huge. REALLY don't want to have to reinstall everything if I can avoid it..).

Any ideas on this? Am I missing something really obvious here? I have RTFM, bit I may still have missed something..

Thanks in advance for any advice or help you can offer,

Nick   

Orbx Central Create Library.jpg

Orbx Central Library Found.jpg

Orbx Central Library Isn't Empty.jpg

central.log

@Ben McClintock, @Nick Cooper, @Doug Sawatzky,

Just a gentle ping on this post,

Orbx Central lost the connection to my main library which is on an external SSD, and even though Orbx Central can see the library when I ask it to scan for libraries, I just can't get it to re-add the library, as each time it tries to it tells me that 'The library location isn't empty'. This seems a strange error, as I thought it'd be obvious that it isn't empty, that's the whole point of adding an existing library to Orbx Central..

Really hoping one of you can help me here, as I don't want to spend hours either reinstalling pr moving all of these regions and airports from drive to drive... Would a reinstall of Orbx Central help?   

Thanks again guys,

Nick

Hi Nick

I am not sure why you would select " clicked 'Add Library'", you are not adding a library, the library already exits, this is why you are getting the error in my view. 

If anything I would click on edit and reselect the existing location and then click on save.

Also, have you tried to simply go to settings\help and run the sync simulator function?

Hello Nick,

the easy work around for this is to temporarily rename your Orbx Central Library folder, just add an x to the end.

Then create a new folder with the exact same name, without the x of course.

Add this new and empty folder to Orbx Central as your library.

Once you have done that, delete your new and empty folder and remove the x from the name of the original folder.

Archived