What can one do to fix please?

Timmy74

Hello Chaps,

Yesterday i had an issue with P3Dv4.5 running very slow and no sound!? I thought it might have been me trying to see if the RAZBAM A-7 would work in P3Dv4.5?  I did the install of the A-7 manually and It did not work. No sound. So I removed all the files that I had manually installed. Restarted my computer and found that my problem was still there. Even the default flight was slow to load, hot keys would not work and I had no sound.   So after a couple of hours trying to retrace my steps and find the issue -to no avail. I decided to do a "restore" on my drive.  This seem to have worked! My P3Dv4.5 was back to normal.  So I shut down my computer and went to bed.

So this morning...to my shock horror. My machine will not boot! I am getting the blue screen telling me that is "Preparing an automatic repair"!?  After going through a few options this the error that I am getting....

C /Windows/System32/LogFiles/srt/SrtTrail.txt  

So I have been on my other computer watching you-tube and the such trying to fix this. I have even tried a restore but it wont let me? I have tried all the options and am at a loss..!?
Has anyone been through this before and would anyone be able to give me some guidance to get my machine up and running again please?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

Regards,

Tim.

Hello Neil,

I have been through all of those and I get this in my command prompt at a certain place in the steps.

attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s

path not found

What would this mean...?

I have tried another avenue and tried bootrec /bootfix...
I get access denied!?

So I have been to multiple videos explaining how to fix "bootfix" but when i even try to change the Vol -through DiskPart -and the such to rectify the fixboot... efi\microsoft\boot...
I get 
Access denied!?

21 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

Are you able to do a check disk process?

Check Disk.PNG

Hello Doug,

I can not get past the blue screen on start up.  I can only access the command prompt.

UPDATE:

My OS is on a WD 240GB M.2 SSD internal Solid State Drive and I believe it is gone to a better place.  So now I have come to the conclusion that I must buy a new one and do a full reinstall of my OS and now P3Dv4.5!?

Thank you all for your inputs on my issue.

Regards,

Tim.

Hello,

you will almost certainly find that when the time comes to reinstall P3D, you will not be able to activate it because you did not uninstall it.

Even though this is not your fault, you will need to contact LM support and ask for your copy to be re-activated.

It can take a day or so, so I would recommend that you do that now, while you are waiting for the repairs to be done.

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you will almost certainly find that when the time comes to reinstall P3D, you will not be able to activate it because you did not uninstall it.

Even though this is not your fault, you will need to contact LM support and ask for your copy to be re-activated.

It can take a day or so, so I would recommend that you do that now, while you are waiting for the repairs to be done.

Thanks for the heads up Nick. I will get on to it now.

Archived