My Log File - Some Major Errors?

orbmoke

Please could I have some help? Up to now, I've been very happy with X-Plane 11 and Orbx's addon scenery (TE and airports/airfields). I've totally relied on the Central software to install the Orbx stuff correctly and up to now everything has worked well, but recently I noticed after installing TE Florida, the default KMIA seems to be corrupted as I'm seeing gravel like white surfaces around the aprons rather than the standard grey concrete ones. As I assumed that it was a Laminar problem I put the question on the XPlane.org forum with the hope of finding a solution to this anomoly.

I posted my log.txt file so that they could see if there was anything wrong and part of the answer that I received was this:

'Your scenery load order looks all screwed up to me, I'm assuming your Orbx stuff included instructions on how it should be. You've got it lower priority than "global airports" for the Florida package for example.

Your "X-Plane 11 default" is actually loading all of the following (and note the errors too):'

So, if I post my log file on here, please would you have a peruse and see if there is a solution to the problem. Just to let you know that all my UK Orbx (including all the TE regions) is stored in my 'C' drive and all other Orbx stuff (ie. not UK) is stored in my 'D' drive as arranged using your 'Central' software with the choice of drives taken at the time of installing. Thanks.

Log.txt

8 hours ago, orbmoke said:

Please could I have some help? Up to now, I've been very happy with X-Plane 11 and Orbx's addon scenery (TE and airports/airfields). I've totally relied on the Central software to install the Orbx stuff correctly and up to now everything has worked well, but recently I noticed after installing TE Florida, the default KMIA seems to be corrupted as I'm seeing gravel like white surfaces around the aprons rather than the standard grey concrete ones. As I assumed that it was a Laminar problem I put the question on the XPlane.org forum with the hope of finding a solution to this anomoly.

I posted my log.txt file so that they could see if there was anything wrong and part of the answer that I received was this:

'Your scenery load order looks all screwed up to me, I'm assuming your Orbx stuff included instructions on how it should be. You've got it lower priority than "global airports" for the Florida package for example.

Your "X-Plane 11 default" is actually loading all of the following (and note the errors too):'

So, if I post my log file on here, please would you have a peruse and see if there is a solution to the problem. Just to let you know that all my UK Orbx (including all the TE regions) is stored in my 'C' drive and all other Orbx stuff (ie. not UK) is stored in my 'D' drive as arranged using your 'Central' software with the choice of drives taken at the time of installing. Thanks.

Log.txt 55.31 kB · 6 downloads

I suggest you ignore the error messages in your log file. I have mentioned before that error messages on screen are the ones that need attending to rather than the ones that are in the log file. Seeing the layering sequence of your addons that appear in your Log file, I would say that it looks fine. The person who answered you saying it looked a mess in particular the layering of the Orbx addons is completely wrong. ALL Orbx airpprts go above Global Airports and ALL TE addons go directly under Global Airports, so you are fine,

Hope the above is helpful:)

Regarding the gravel effect you are seeing at KMIA please see this link:

@Jon Clarke - Ah great - that's put my mind at ease. That's explained the gravel problem! The only thing that puzzles me is that the TE Northern California and Florida sceneries are not mentioned in my scenery_packs ini file whereas the TE Washington and Oregon areas are. Should that be right?

Sentry 11 has asked for me to post the log.txt and scenery_packs.ini files again following a clean start after closing down my PC and re-starting it. I've opened up the sim at KMIA again with the B737-800 and then immediately closed the sim down. Please see attached these 2 files.

Log.txt

It doesn't say that the ini file is a backup version in the 'Custom Scenery' folder, but it labels it as 'backup' on here after I've pasted it to this post. I can't find the original version - any ideas where the original file could be?

5 minutes ago, orbmoke said:

@Jon Clarke - Ah great - that's put my mind at ease. That's explained the gravel problem! The only thing that puzzles me is that the TE Northern California and Florida sceneries are not mentioned in my scenery_packs ini file whereas the TE Washington and Oregon areas are. Should that be right?

Sentry 11 has asked for me to post the log.txt and scenery_packs.ini files again following a clean start after closing down my PC and re-starting it. I've opened up the sim at KMIA again with the B737-800 and then immediately closed the sim down. Please see attached these 2 files.

Log.txt 56.63 kB · 1 download scenery_packs.ini.backup-OrbxUnavailable

You keep posting the backup copy of scenery packs. Need the original current one please. Just drag it to the attachment section of your reply. It won't disappear just copy it

11 minutes ago, orbmoke said:

Gawd - deary me - the flippin labels are different to the labels as quoted in my 'Custom Scenery' folder - how confusing!!

You are becoming too forensic. Don't become your Avatar:lol: 

The Scenery Packs you just attached clearly shows TE Washington and Oregon. I will adjust it purely for cosmetic reasons to optimise your Orbx addons, but I suggest you just fly rather than keep looking at the Log file and file descriptions in your Custom Scenery folder vs the titles of entries in your scenery_packs.ini. 

If you get an On Screen error message then seek support assistance, if not then just enjoy flying:)

scenery_packs.ini

Archived