KSEA Jetways

7 hours ago, NDRustyfan said:

Will we ever see a fix to the Jetways in the Washington Enhancement pack, they look like crap, and go through Traffic Globals parked aircraft, It is the only airport I have seen this happen. I have the paid SAM so I wish I could use those there

E175 - 2020-04-27 14.46.23.jpg

I will refer your question to 2 of the devs who may may advise you. I am unsure as to the degree of enhancement was introduced via the airports section of the Enhancement Pack versus the jetways that exist in the default KSEA which is the base airport in TEGB Washington.

@Tony Wroblewski @Greg Jones for any comment you may have please regarding whether the Washington Enhancement pack has any influence over the jetways which are part of the XP/Aerosoft demo included in XP.

The Washington Enhancement pack upgraded the textures and added POIs mosttly to Seattle city centre, it was never meant to upgrade the default airports with anymore than just updated models and POIs. If you want to use the default airport or any other payware airport at KSEA, just make sure that airport is placed above the Washington Enhancement pack

8 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

The Washington Enhancement pack upgraded the textures and added POIs mosttly to Seattle city centre, it was never meant to upgrade the default airports with anymore than just updated models and POIs. If you want to use the default airport or any other payware airport at KSEA, just make sure that airport is placed above the Washington Enhancement pack

Why do my Jetways change at KSEA when I have the enhancement pack installed, I had to uninstall the enhancement pack along with Washington HD and reinstall Washington HD to get my Jetways to look normal.

I honestly don't know as you are the only person to date who has indicated the problem. Maybe prior to the reinstall your KSEA airport was not layered above the Washington Airports part of the enhancement pack. I have don't see the same issue in my TE Washington with Enhancement Pack at the Aerosoft KSEA Demo airport, which I have above both Global Airports and the Washington Airports entry.

I did have my 

On 4/28/2020 at 11:36 AM, Jon Clarke said:

I honestly don't know as you are the only person to date who has indicated the problem. Maybe prior to the reinstall your KSEA airport was not layered above the Washington Airports part of the enhancement pack. I have don't see the same issue in my TE Washington with Enhancement Pack at the Aerosoft KSEA Demo airport, which I have above both Global Airports and the Washington Airports entry.

I did have my scenery layer that way

13 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

I wasn't sure so that's why I mentioned it as a possibility.

the only folder that the enhancement pack adds is the "Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Airports" correct, and does it change files in the othe Washington TE folders?

8 minutes ago, NDRustyfan said:

the only folder that the enhancement pack adds is the "Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Airports" correct, and does it change files in the othe Washington TE folders?

I don't know I'm afraid but that is the folder that needs to be below the KSEA demo which is the airport version I would recommend using unless you have an additional payware or freeware one. Either way the TE Washington Airports needs to be below any version of KSEA.

31 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

I don't know I'm afraid but that is the folder that needs to be below the KSEA demo which is the airport version I would recommend using unless you have an additional payware or freeware one. Either way the TE Washington Airports needs to be below any version of KSEA.

No additional payware enabled, But this is what I get when having TE Washington Airports needs to be below any version of KSEA, including the default demo version

a319 - 2020-04-29 13.22.34.jpg

Orbx Washington.JPG

I need to see your scenery_packs.ini so please attach it. Thanks. I see you are using something like X-Organiser, correct?

In your pic it appears to show TE Washington Airports below Global Airports which is wrong, but I need to see the scenery_packs.ini to confirm

Forgive me for being slow on this, but I now see you are referring to the double jetways of white and brow, I see this also when I have the KSEA demo enabled.

To get rid of the duplicated jetways, I have disabled/removed the KSEA demo and use the Global Airports version with the few slight enhancements of some buildings at the airport which are contained in the TE Washington Airports part of the TE Washington Enhancement pack. Sorry for the initial confusion on my part !

Your entry for TE Washington airports needs to be above Global airports by the way. You can make that adjustment your self I assume?

See pic below:

3.thumb.JPG.3f43d616d086051b4bb4d16dbe166bca.JPG

10 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Forgive me for being slow on this, but I now see you are referring to the double jetways of white and brow, I see this also when I have the KSEA demo enabled.

To get rid of the duplicated jetways, I have disabled/removed the KSEA demo and use the Global Airports version with the few slight enhancements of some buildings at the airport which are contained in the TE Washington Airports part of the TE Washington Enhancement pack. Sorry for the initial confusion on my part !

Your entry for TE Washington airports needs to be above Global airports by the way. You can make that adjustment your self I assume?

See pic below:

3.thumb.JPG.3f43d616d086051b4bb4d16dbe166bca.JPG

I thought That the enhancement pack only added textures, but it is adding jetways to KSEA, But until Orbx fixes the missing textures, and makes jetways that don't look like crap, I will be using DD Seattle Airports. Yes I am using XOrganizer

I am sure DD Seattle is superior to the default and Aerosoft demo KSEA versions.

I cannot see where in the Enhancement Pack that it adds jetways but obviously it does. I removed the 2 KSEA files within the TE Washington Airports folder and re-enabled KSEA Demo. There are no duplicated jetways now .

@Tony Wroblewski Hi Tony. Please see my comments as although the TE Washington Enhancement Pack was mainly to add higher res textures to some autogen and buildings, vegetation etc, something in the TW Washington Airports files is adding ugly mismatching jetways to the KSEA Demo which appear in the Global Airports version of KSEA.

Any ideas?

Here is a pic with the 2 ksea files removed from TE Washington Airports. Note no duplicated brown jetways, This pic is with the KSEA Demo enabled:

KSEA.thumb.JPG.0f8061b422904e0e3f2724a3e6b9f9e5.JPG

9 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

I am sure DD Seattle is superior to the default and Aerosoft demo KSEA versions.

I cannot see where in the Enhancement Pack that it adds jetways but obviously it does. I removed the 2 KSEA files within the TE Washington Airports folder and re-enabled KSEA Demo. There are no duplicated jetways now .

@Tony Wroblewski Hi Tony. Please see my comments as although the TE Washington Enhancement Pack was mainly to add higher res textures to some autogen and buildings, vegetation etc, something in the TW Washington Airports files is adding ugly mismatching jetways to the KSEA Demo which appear in the Global Airports version of KSEA.

Any ideas?

Here is a pic with the 2 ksea files removed from TE Washington Airports. Note no duplicated brown jetways, This pic is with the KSEA Demo enabled:

KSEA.thumb.JPG.0f8061b422904e0e3f2724a3e6b9f9e5.JPG

Thanks for your help, I am a big Orbx Supporter and own everyone of their X-Plane products, and almost a hundred of their PD3 products, so I have spent thousands of dollars over the years, yes it would be nice to not have to use another product to make something look half way decent, Washington Enhancement has been out for a log time now, and many including myself have complained about issues, but nothing has not been fixed. It kinda pisses people off.

OK. After much testing and experimentation I have reached the following conclusion.

There is nothing wrong with the TE Washington Expansion Pack nor the TE Washington Airports section.

The TE Washington Airports texture replacements are totally designed to work with the Gateway Default Global Airports version of KSEA and not any 3rd party version,  including Aerosoft Demo KSEA. Therefore there is nothing that requires fixing.

@Tony Wroblewski Please confirm as there is a definite problem if the TE Washington Airports files are used with KSEA Demo, which I imagine a lot of people will be using as it is included in the XP package and is a better rendition than the default version.

12 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

The best thing we can do is create an option to disable the KSEA terminal building in the enhancement pack, so I'll add it to a list of items to fix

That would work with the KSEA Demo and would negate the "missing files" etc error message i got when I disabled the 2 KSEA files in the TE Washington Airports folder.

On 5/1/2020 at 1:24 AM, Jon Clarke said:

That would work with the KSEA Demo and would negate the "missing files" etc error message i got when I disabled the 2 KSEA files in the TE Washington Airports folder.

Any word on a fix for the missing textures, and the roads around KSEA? I posted over 6 months ago about the roads, and I see there is a temporary fix for the missing textures for buildings around KSEA.

This was posted a month ago:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/190358-fix-for-blank-textured-buildings-near-ksea-te-washington/

The roads are OK as far as i know but there is a broken rail link which will be fixed in die course. It is a minor detail in a large addon and will looked at by @Tony Wroblewski when he gets the time to start fixing bugs in TE Washington. If you check the Bugs forum you will see he is currently working on the TEGB updates having almost finished work on a big nee Region of SoCal.

On 5/7/2020 at 10:18 PM, Jon Clarke said:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/190358-fix-for-blank-textured-buildings-near-ksea-te-washington/

The roads are OK as far as i know but there is a broken rail link which will be fixed in die course. It is a minor detail in a large addon and will looked at by @Tony Wroblewski when he gets the time to start fixing bugs in TE Washington. If you check the Bugs forum you will see he is currently working on the TEGB updates having almost finished work on a big nee Region of SoCal.

roads don't look okay to me in this pic.

E195 - 2020-05-10 18.43.10.jpg

place the folder into TE Washington/Custom/objects folder, Sorry but I can't get your textures to work, my directory structure is not exactly the same

Annotation 2020-05-10 192149.png

You posted in this thread showing pics of broken roads about 8 months ago

Archived