Orbx FTX UK Airfields

Is there a way to disable the "winter snow" textures appearing in the FTX UK airfields that were released before the TrueEarth scenery regions appeared? I would like to be able to fly in the winter months over TrueEarth GB without the snow textures appearing, because they obviously stand out like a sore thumb when compared to the TrueEarth scenery. Now that night flying is such an enjoyable experience (the terrain textures darken properly with TrueEarth, and the street lights are really nice), I would like to be able to experience the early morning and early evening airport activity when it is dark.

There must surely be a way, even if we have to rename the summer textures to winter?

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

There must surely be a way, even if we have to rename the summer textures to winter?

Hello Christopher

If you are flying in TrueEarth GB it wil be Summertime regardless. Surely you can only see snow in those FTX UK airfields if you have set Winter time in your startup options :rolleyes:

Hello,

I am sure that as you are a beta tester for UK 2000, you will be aware that a PR bgl file has 12 seasonal options.

In order to remove the snow textures, the bgl needs to be recompiled and the source files are needed to do this.

I am not a developer but I do not expect this to be high on the list of priorities.

Archived