Nunner

Nunner

Hi Guys

Have just downloaded eu-eng for FSX deluxe.

First airfield I visited was EGHI, the Terminal looks like a default building and the motorway M27 looks like a roller coaster instead of being

reasonably flat.

Second field was Lee On Solent, looked great from the air but the closer I got most of it dis appeared into hills?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Nunn

This is the problem I have except I do not have the EGHI as a separate download. So basically I cant move those 3 EGHF files into another folder because both airfields are in the same folder. Hope that helps?

Just wanted to share something i stumbled across recently relating to missing runways within the Southampton area of Orbx add on scenery..

Missing%20Runway%20EGHF_zpsztdgum65.png

For me, it was Lee-on-Solent, my local field where i take lessons (EGHF), so missing parts of the runway was a bit of a disaster, but for this field, at least, there is a solution:

If you have both Orbx England and Orbx Southampton, there appears to be an overlap which causes the missing scenery, so what you need to do is the following:

In the Orbx England Scenery folder, locate the 3 EGHF files

EGHF%20Fix%20for%20ORBX_Missing%20runway

MOVE them from the EU England 'Eng 05' folder to the EGHI Scenery Folder

Make sure that you run the standard Orbx libraries and elevation update afterwards, and the entire runway should be visible.

Not sure if it works for other overlapping sceneries, but worth bearing in mind if you have lots of airport add ons plus the region software as well.

Hi

Do you ave your FSX updated to SP2 or Acceleration?

Also, 

Please post a copy of your scenery.cfg file found at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Please note: Do not open the file and copy and paste the contents, just attach the file.

Hi Ian

You will need open Orbx Central and to go to settings/Insertion Point and set them as described below.
Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.
Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.
Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

OC Insertion Points.PNG

Hi Nick

Tried that but no difference.

Not certain if it helps but when I roll from 05 to take off I go through the side of a hill and above me are people walking?

From an earlier post from another member had the same issue but they seemed to think that the separate downloaded airport EGHI was causing the problem.

They were advised to :

MOVE them from the EU England 'Eng 05' folder to the EGHI Scenery Folder

Make sure that you run the standard Orbx libraries and elevation update afterwards, and the entire runway should be visible.

Not sure if it works for other overlapping sceneries, but worth bearing in mind if you have lots of airport add ons plus the region software as well.

EGHF%20Fix%20for%20ORBX_Missing%20runway

Not certain if that helps, I dont have the EGHI separate airport so I cant do it.

Cheers

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I found this at the Italian forum, I don't know what has happened since.

Ciao Maurizio, è stato individuato il problema, non della bassa risoluzione delle textures, che invece sono considerate normali, ma per l'aeroporto EGHI che interferisce con EGHF. Lo sviluppatore è stato messo al corrente e dunque non resta che attendere presumibilmente un fix.

Vorrei anche ringraziare particolarmente @Sascha Normann che è riuscito a capire dove intervenire, perché non era affatto semplice.

Hi Maurizio, the problem has been identified, not of the low resolution of the textures, which instead are considered normal, but for the EGHI airport which interferes with EGHF. The developer has been made aware and therefore all that remains is to wait presumably for a fix.
I would also particularly like to thank @Sascha Normann who managed to figure out where to intervene, because it was not easy at all.

@Sascha Normann

Archived