Floating trees and runways at S43 & 7S3

So, I have P3Dv5 setup without issue. I have then installed Orbx Trees, Buildings HD, NA PNW and three airports: KVUO, 7S3 and S43. Of the three, KVUO looks great and has no issues.

7S3 has several trees floating above the scenery, and also some small scenery objects. However, several trees around the airport as well as other scenery objects are on the ground properly.

S43 has a transparent copy of the runway and entire taxiway and parking areas hovering over the airport. Everything else looks proper. 

I have tried uninstalling each airport several times. I have tried the verify files options numerous times as well. I have also tried to Sync Simulator. None of this has worked. In the case of 7S3, if I uninstall it and then reinstall it, it will work fine. That is until I exit P3Dv5 and restart, then the same floating tree problem comes right back. 

I am out of ideas to try.

Hi,

This seems to be an issue with other airports as well. I tested Meigs (KCGX) and it has floating grass and bushes around the runway too. Something seems to be wrong with the positioning of such objects in the scenery. But yesterday I had also floating rocks, and not today… Could be the know P3D floating objects bug.

I used the configuration options in the airport to activate the grass (in case it helps) after a clean installation of all compatible Orbx products (no porting from v4 installation). I have no other scenery nor terrain addons currently installed. Terrain mesh is set to 10m.

Cheers

Nueva imagen de mapa de bits.jpg

Hello,

yes, there does seem to be a problem with the grass.

I notice that if simply loading at the airport, it looks fine but if you slew to the edge,

the grass lifts into the air and does not then come down until the scenery is reloaded.

I have added it to the list of things to do.

Thanks for reporting it.

05sggZf.jpg

6ABQhmU.jpg

Two screenshots of the issue I have at S43. 

As for 7S3, strangely, I am no longer having any issues with floating trees. I have done nothing since I posted these two airport issues last night, except that I have turned off my PC last night, and then turned it back on today. S43 floating runway issue still persists as per the above screenshots, but now, for whatever strange reason, 7S3 seems to be working as normal. Let me know if you need any further information Nick, and thank you for taking note. I know you all are very busy right now working on all of the P3Dv5 scenery issues, and as P3Dv5 is brand new, I completely understand.

10 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

can I ask you to close P3D v5 and then start again at this airport and see if the anomalies are there after a simulator reboot please.

Thanks

Hello Nick, just now getting to read your last post. Yes, I will of course give that a shot. And, I have read that there is a new ObjectFlow update, so I will install that as well and come back and report. 

12 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

can I ask you to close P3D v5 and then start again at this airport and see if the anomalies are there after a simulator reboot please.

Thanks

Okay Nick, I did as you said and the results are that 7S3 looks good now, but no change to S43...still looks like my pictures above, with the floating runway and taxiways. I also now have floating grass and floating runway lights at 11S. 

10 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, have you updated to objectflow 3.0.1?

I am not sure Nick....there was no notification when I re-logged into to Orbx Central to update ObjectFlow. Could it have done so automatically? How do I check the ObjectFlow version number to see?

Landon

EDIT: Wait, I see the ObjectFlow version number, and mine is still v3.0.0     How do I update it?

Just now, Nick Cooper said:

You will need to opt in to the Fastlane.

It should fix the problems with floating objects.

Okay Nick, I will do that...I honestly thought I had already opted in to Fastlane a while ago,...that is, unless one must re-opt in when new things are happening? At any rate, I will look into that.

Thanks for your help Nick, much appreciated!

Landon

13 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

You will need to opt in to the Fastlane.

It should fix the problems with floating objects.

Nick, as I suspected, I am already enrolled in Fastlane, according to my account on the Orbx website.  Not sure what to do next....

EDIT: Also, under My Account in Orbx Central my Fastlane opt-out button it lit up, so as far as I can tell is have been already enrolled in Fastlane.

Landon

1 minute ago, Nick Cooper said:

If you can't see the objectflow icon, have a look at the top for the updates icon.

Otherwise, try opting out and in again.

It must be there, it has fixed several customers' problems today.

I believe you that it must be there Nick, trust me...I have read several posts where people have posted and you posted about the update that has worked. I just don't understand why I can't see the update. I will try the opt-out and then opt-in approach and let you know what happens. Thanks for your patience with this.

Landon

Alright Nick, strange things are indeed afoot....so, I clicked the Opt-Out button, and I was then notified that I would be logged out and then when I log back in, Orbx Central will re-install. This did happen. Then, upon logging back in AFTER opting-out, lo and behold, there are notifications for two updates: Object Flow and Orbx Libraries. Seeing that, I clicked on My Account and in Settings, and sure enough, there is a button to OPT-IN to the Fastlane program. Very strange. I will try the two updates and see what happens.

Nick, I don't know what's going on...I've never had these kinds of problems with Orbx Central before...it's always worked great for me. So, when I installed the two updates AFTER Opting-Out, they were both very old updates....the ObjectFlow one was 2.0.something. Clearly, that is not current. So, I then Opted back into Fastlane, and there were two update notifications, one for ObjectFlow and Libraries. I ran those updates thinking, okay, now maybe I will get the 3.0.1 updates. Nope, all it did was update back to 3.0.0. 

I am now uninstalling Orbx Central and re-installing. Don't know what to try after that.

After you have uninstalled Orbx Central and before you reinstall it, please also delete C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Orbx-central-updater.

You might somehow have an older version in there.

Okay Nick, I will do that and report back.

That had no effect Nick...I deleted the Orbx-central-updater folder you pointed out, then re-installed Orbx Central (v 4.1.1), ensured that I am Opted-in to Fastlane, but no joy....no update for ObjectFlow...still stuck at 3.0.0.

Just now, Nick Cooper said:

I think the current version is 4.1.6:(

As a last ditch attempt, I am attaching the latest objectflow.dll.

You should put it into Your Orbx P3D v4 Scenery Library\p3dv5\Orbx ObjectFlow\bin

and let it overwrite.

If it does not overwrite, let me know.

Orbx_ObjectFlow_v3.dll 2.35 MB · 0 downloads

Okay Nick, lets see what happens. Btw, that v4.1.1 of Orbx Central is the download, as of today, from the Orbx website. Anyhow, I will try that attached ObjectFlow and let you know what happens...Thank you for sticking with me on this....it's sure a confusing one....

Okay Nick,  a few things:

1) When I reinstalled Orbx Central I downloaded the 4.1.1 version from the Orbx website, BUT, once I logged in it updated Orbx Central to 4.1.6, so good there.

2) I was able to copy the Orbx_ObjectFlow_v3.dll into the folder you said to, and it did appear to replace the existing file.

3) However, when I look at the version of ObjectFlow in Orbx Central, it still says v 3.0.0

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Do you now see the option to update to 3.0.1?

If not, try it with the version I sent you.

No Nick, still no option to update to 3.0.1

When I go ahead and launch P3Dv5, using your version, S43 no longer has the floating runway, so that is something good. 

Also, 11S now no longer gas the floating grass or runway lights.

However, at 0S9, there are some major problems, maybe related or not. The hangars on the eastern half of the airport are missing, the eastern end of the runway has no runway textures, and the terrain to the east of the airport, all the trees and houses are flat. Is this a separate issue?

It could be, you could try reinstalling it.

Okay Nick, thanks for your help. I know you must be tired from helping all of us and I am sure it is late in the UK now. We can leave this here for now if you like, although my ObjectFlow not updating still has me concerned. As for 0S9, I will do as you suggest and reinstall, and see what happens. Should I post results on that in this thread, or start a new one? 

3 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Please continue with this topic.

You are right, it is midnight and time that I went to sleep.:)

Got it Nick, I shall....in the meantime, have a good night's rest.

Removed some faulty information I just have provided.

Correct is this:

"version_lib-objectflow.txt" shows "Orbx ObjectFlow 3.0.0 - April 2020".

And "Orbx_ObjectFlow_v3.dll" is different than the version Nick has attached to this post.

Hello all,

I've just released Orbx ObjectFlow 3.0.1 into fastlane and it should be available in Central now. This should resolve a good chunk of the floating object issues ;) There may still be airports that will require updates to resolve 100% of the issues, so if you encounter any please continue to let us know.

Hi Mitchell,

I updated the ObjectFlow to 3.0.1 via fastlane but the issue at Meigs Field still persists. Grass is still floating as in the pic I posted before. Rest of scenery on the airport seems to be fine.

Cheers

7 hours ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hello all,

I've just released Orbx ObjectFlow 3.0.1 into fastlane and it should be available in Central now. This should resolve a good chunk of the floating object issues ;) There may still be airports that will require updates to resolve 100% of the issues, so if you encounter any please continue to let us know.

Just got logged on here for the day and see this message. I will get Orbx Central loaded up and see how things look. Thank you for the continued updates Nick and Mitchell :) 

Okay, here is my latest update:

1) I was able to see the notification for ObjectFlow 3.0.1 and was able to update to it. Yay!

2) 11S now looks good, no more floating objects. Yay!

3) S43 now looks good, no more floating runways/taxiways. Yay!

4) 0S9 does not look good...it looks as if a bomb went off and flattened the eastern half of the airport and also much of the terrain to the east of the airport. Now, the mesh elevation still looks proper, it's just all trees and buildings are either missing or flattened. Please see screenshots :

no0Uuej.jpg

1GG73jf.jpg

QO7FItA.jpg

I know this might be an unrelated issue to the floating stuff, but Nick advised me earlier to keep posting in this thread regarding the 0S9 problem.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing 0S9 at least two times in an attempt to solve this one. 

Archived