Hotfix 3

I completed a two hour flight from PAJN TO PASI in a MP configuration with my VA, dc3airways.net a few minutes before posting....no adverse issues, except some stuttering, which I think may be due to my settings, not the HF. So far, I am satisfied.

2020-4-16-14-11-3-687.jpg

Sherm

It seems only Orbx scenery is affected, the airport and other scenery seem find, Here are some pics of NZCH and the surrounding land, I have NZ North and South Island installed as well as AU V2 and the same happens with that scenery too.

49781981078_19b3fcc12e_b.jpg

49782519641_f0ab6a87f9_b.jpg

49782519676_4810afc0b3_b.jpg

49782519706_459977da63_b.jpg

Okay, I've uninstalled and then reinstalled the NZ South Island and there is no change, it looks the same as the pics above. It was fine just before I installed the P3D 4 HF 3, so that has to be the issue, I followed the instructions from LM and have deleted the previous clients so I can't go back.

Okay, I tried again, this is what I done, in this order.

Step 1. First run Verify files for Global Base and for all your open LC products.(Done)

Before posting a support request, please try this fix:

Step 2. Please try renaming Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl .off (Done)

Note: if the Orbx Libraries are installed into an Orbx Central Library, the (Not done, I installed the AU v2, NZNI and NZSI directly to the simulator, at install it says if not sure to select this option)

Scenery\BASE\Scenery\lclookup.bgl file to rename will be the one in that folder.(Not done, I installed the AU v2, NZNI and NZSI directly to the simulator, at install it says if not sure to select this option)

Step 3. Run Verify files for the Orbx Libraries which will replace* the lclookup.bgl file.(Done, 2nd time verify was run, first done in step 1)(*At no time was a new lclookup replaced or a new one created.)

Step 4. Rename C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\terrain.cfg to terrain.cfg.off(Done)

Step 5. Run P3D v4 once to create a new terrain.cfg file and close it.(Done, it opens for a few seconds and closes on it's own)

Step 6. Then run Sync Simulator in Orbx Central which will write back the Orbx entries.(Done)

Step 7. Please try again.(Done, no change, P3D will not run, I assume because a new / replacement lclookup was not created during step 3 for some reason)

I only have the dem4km.bgl and lclookup.bgl.off, both dated 14/01/2019 there are no new lclookup files created. I followed the instructions step by step, for some reason a new lclookup does not get created. I'll restart the PVC and try again tomorrow. Thanks for your time.

Okay, can't sleep.

I'm think it'll be easier to uninstall and reinstall, now only the AU v2, NZNI and NZSI seem affected, none of my Orbx airports seem to be affected, so I assuem I can simply uninstall and reinstall only the AU, NZ NI and NZSI scenery.

I attempted what I thought was an uninstall earlier, I went to central, selected NZSI and hit the red uninstall button, this seemed to uninstall it, I then reinstalled it and again, this seemed to happen, however, the problem remained.

My question is, did I uninstall / reinstall incorrectly? Should I have uninstalled all affected scenery at the same time, not one by one or is there a different way I need to go about this?

Hello,

when you uninstall and reinstall parts of P3D, by definition, you will remove and

then replace some of the Orbx modified files with default versions.

The fix simply restores those files to the versions that are needed to make Orbx

products work as intended.

The fix itself has been used by very many customers and it does work.

Why in your particular case, the very simple process of renaming a file and then

using verify files to replace it with the "Orbx" version apparently does not work is

not something that can be addressed by Orbx support.

Are you aware of any permissions I need to enable? I have followed the instructions step by step, they are not hard to do.

I have verified files, I then renamed lclookup.bgl to lclookup.bgl.off and then verified files in central again (This part is what seems to be the issue because it does not rename the lclookup or create a new one). Even so, I rename terrain.cfg to terrain.cfg.off. I then run P3D, it opens, and then closes again then I Sync Simulator in Orbx Central.

I believe I'm doing everything required. Is there anything at all I have mixed up or left out?

I was hoping I had contracted a case of the super stupids, but no, nothing as simple as that.

I've tried again, going step by step as if using a check list, it definately seems that there is some issue in creating a replacement lclookup.bgl everything else seems to work, it even creates a new / replacement terrain.cfg.

I guess I'll need to uninstall these so at least I can still fly in Aussie and NZ. default scenery is better than what is being displayed at the moment. Hopefully MSFS 2020 gets released soon.

Archived