Orbx Central library management (deletion issue)

Hi, could I ask for some guidance regarding Orbx Library management?

In summary I've had to rebuild my P3D v4.5 sim from scratch. On the same drive as my sim a library already existed (Main Library originally in E:\Orbx Library)
As part of my sim rebuild I've just added another drive, so that I can run P3D from one drive, and reserve the new drive for addons such as scenery.

What I was hoping I would be able to do, is create a new library on the new drive (G) via Orbx Central v4.1.1, and then move existing download content across from my sim drive as described above, without having to download it all again.

This may not be the best way, but my thinking was that there is no "move" option in Orbx Central so thought it would be ok to do that, and then verify products so the sim can see them.

I have not carried out the move of content from one drive to another, but in using Orbx Central to edit library details discovered it will not delete the new library, which is just a folder, no content.
If I try to delete it returns the error "an error occurred while trying to synchronise your simulator" and the library remains in Central, as does the (empty) folder structure.

If I then start my sim, I am prompted to enable Orbx sceneries, which I declined as I want to have sceneries pulled from the new drive not the old one, and the new library is not yet built.

Can you help me unravel whatever may be amiss so that I can get Central to clear what it sees as a new library but will not delete, and if it's possible, advise how I move content from one drive to another, creating a new main library as I do so. I'm sure I've probably done something stupid without realising...

I've attached a logfile here.

Kind regards, and stay safe
Dave

Operating system:  Windows 10/64 Home

Simulator:  p3D v4.5

Screenshot:  See attached, plus error info in text body

Issue:  

Orbx library error.png

central.log

Hi Dave

Your "Main Library" (E:\Orbx Library) is showing 44.6GB. So, just click on Edit and point it to the new location G:\Orbx Library. Then restart Orbx Central and go to settings\help\sync simulator and Orbx Central should move everything to your new location.

Then you should be able to delete the unwanted library.

Hi,

I have tried this also, to move the libraries from one external drive to a new one, ie clicked Edit and pointed it to new location, but when I restart Orbx Central and perform the 'sync' step it says very quickly that sync was successful but no libraries are moved. What may be missing? Thanks.

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

To move a Library.

Example as in the first post: to move a library from E:\Orbx Library to G:\Orbx Library

1. Create a new and empty folder in the new location. In this case G:\Orbx Library.

2. Open Orbx Central and add a new Library using G:\Orbx Library as the Location.

That takes you to this point:

Orbx library error.png

3. Using Windows File Explorer, copy all the content of E:\Orbx Library to G:\Orbx Library. DO NOT change the file structure.

4. Delete the E:\Orbx Library entry from Orbx Central, using the red Delete tab.

5. Delete the E:\Orbx Library files from your PC.

On 4/5/2020 at 6:33 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Dave

Your "Main Library" (E:\Orbx Library) is showing 44.6GB. So, just click on Edit and point it to the new location G:\Orbx Library. Then restart Orbx Central and go to settings\help\sync simulator and Orbx Central should move everything to your new location.

Then you should be able to delete the unwanted library.

Hi Doug, sorry for slow reply. Thanks for your pointers on that one. I think the issue is now resolved here, and my system now shows a new library only, in the new location!

cheers

Dave

Archived