EAST MIDLANDS XP FPS 11.50

I realize it's Beta, but East Midlands for some reason really juicing the FPS compared to all other airports. I can fly into London city in VR now on high settings and much smoother. But for some reason East Midlands really using up the frames.

Try this  it worked for me 

If you are not getting silky smooth results with Vulkin then turn off your Vsync option within XP control panel , then enable it in the nvidia control panel 

Manage 3d settings program settings select a program to customize and if you dont see XPlane exe in the drop down box then using add program look for your XP exe 

That will be where you have Xp installed  

once you have added it scroll down until you see vertical sync and tick the box.

The results for me are game changing ,  , silky smooth with not one stutter on high settings.

True earth has never run so smooth until now , in fact xplane has never run so smooth on high settings until now....

Hope it works for you as it has for me...

• 1 month later...

I am also having issues. I'm running 9600k at 5.1ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram and Aorus 2060 super. I usually average between 45-55 on high settings around Orbx true earth south and Orbx cardiff. I purchased Orbx east midlands last night and its unplayable. What I noticed it from cockpit I get 30fps, wing view not on the terminal side 30-40fps but if I do wing view on the terminal side then it drops to as low as 10 fps. Surely this is a bug? I'm also running vulkan and the latest b9 

1 hour ago, robbiewasherenow said:

I am also having issues. I'm running 9600k at 5.1ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram and Aorus 2060 super. I usually average between 45-55 on high settings around Orbx true earth south and Orbx cardiff. I purchased Orbx east midlands last night and its unplayable. What I noticed it from cockpit I get 30fps, wing view not on the terminal side 30-40fps but if I do wing view on the terminal side then it drops to as low as 10 fps. Surely this is a bug? I'm also running vulkan and the latest b9 

3 hours ago, robbiewasherenow said:

Thanks for that Jon. Hopefully once vulkan is in full release there will be an update from Orbx for this airport. My true earth south and Orbx cardiff run lovely in beta. 

There are many reports from user in regard to fps rates dropping in 4 airports that i recall. Edinburgh, Leeds/Bradford and East Midlands and London City. All are of the new  PBR infused addons and all have had varying fps issues especially near terminal buildings.

I use 11.50b+ and have found that I need to turn down my 4K 3840 x 2160 resolution to 2560 x 1440. I also turn down the AA to 2 x SSAA + FXAA. My XP settings are all max to the right except AA. I don't now have fps issues at those airports. 

I am not suggesting that this is the answer to the question as to why these airports can perform relatively poorly in specific areas of the airports, but we must remember that each of us has different hardware, choice of plane, speed of Disk drives, VRAM, Memory RAM and XP settings, which will influence performance. I can only offer my solution which works for me..... in 11.50. Worse in 11.40/41

16 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

There are many reports from user in regard to fps rates dropping in 4 airports that i recall. Edinburgh, Leeds/Bradford and East Midlands and London City. All are of the new  PBR infused addons and all have had varying fps issues especially near terminal buildings.

I use 11.50b+ and have found that I need to turn down my 4K 3840 x 2160 resolution to 2560 x 1440. I also turn down the AA to 2 x SSAA + FXAA. My XP settings are all max to the right except AA. I don't now have fps issues at those airports. 

I am not suggesting that this is the answer to the question as to why these airports can perform relatively poorly in specific areas of the airports, but we must remember that each of us has different hardware, choice of plane, speed of Disk drives, VRAM, Memory RAM and XP settings, which will influence performance. I can only offer my solution which works for me..... in 11.50. Worse in 11.40/41

I only run x plane in 1080p. I will try turning aa to 2x as I do run 4x.they do say if you have a 4k monitor which I do then there is no need to go above 2x anyways so maybe I'll try it. The fps issue I have at East midland is only the terminal side. If say I do wing view terminal side I'm getting as low as 10fps, but if go to cockpit view I get 30?fps and wing view opposite side I get 40+fps.it just seems to be that terminal side which is strange. I also have Orbx cardiff which is my favourite airport and I get a solid 40+ fps there pretty much max settings. 

Archived