Autogen not loading in some cells - openLC Africa

Hello guys,

First of all, thank you and congratulations for finally releasing openLC Africa ! I have encountered this issue when flying around Malabo : autogen does not seem to load with some cells. I have tried varying the autogen

amount (from none to maximum setting) to no avail.

P3Dv4 with Global Base, Vectors, openLC Africa, Buildings and Trees HD.

Is there anything I can try on my end to solve this ? Thank you :)

2020-3-28_13-23-34-114.jpg

I think you might need to verify the files for the product, as it seems something didn't go well as you have some strange squares in the terrain.

I would do it for the Glabal base pack too

Orbx libraries updated?

Give it a try while Nick gets back to you

Cheers

Carlos

Further investigation - a full uninstall and reinstall of Global Base and openLC Africa - thanks optic fiber internet - did not do the trick. I am 99% positive it's not Orbx fault .I am pretty sure one of my other addons messed up with the autogen, and I am currently investigating. I was wondering if the utility Autogen Configuration Merger could have anything to do with that ? It's not installed on my PC.

By the way, I'm on P3D 4.5 HF2 and OpenLC is installed into a library.

I'll keep you posted.

Hi

yes when the verification files toll fail I uninstall and reinstall the packages

To save you some time these third party products alter the autogen:

France VFR ( works with the ACM)

Kos ( not bought through Orbx. Orbx has recently fixed it)

Lukla

Skiathos

Chania

So far I remember those

TropicalSIm brings autogen folders too but they seem to have done a great job with ACM so so far not causing a problem but worth checking

Cheers

Carlos

9 hours ago, AF065 said:

Aaaah I own several of these sceneries. I will give it a try right now.

Because I just reinstalled the Sim, regenerated Terrain.cfg and no avail. I will report back.

Actually, it's Kos from Gayasim. When I leave it active, the squares come back. Reinstalling the entire sim is the last thing I'd do. 99,99% of cases it can be fixed else.

4 hours ago, AF065 said:

Really, it takes like 15 minutes to Reinstall Clients/Content and Scenery. Not a hassle at all.

But  you would have to run the verification files tool for every single Orbx product and that is a lot of time

Plus you would have to put off all the necessary bgls in many third party products to achieve compatibility with Orbx

Usually the problem is always with the autogen or a land class bgl, so easy to fix when you have identify the culprit

Cheers

Carlos

Archived