EGPH A/C Crash

Hello,

Transaction Ref 5e7cc3a08bc374 downloaded today 26th March 2020

When loading Falcon F50 or default A/C in P3DV4.5 to newly downloaded Orbx Edinborough EGPH A/C crashes even though no collision takes place. (Win 10 64 bit)

Please advise

Best Regards

Charlie

Hi Nick,

Crashes and damage are enabled, no issue at any other airport other than EGPH installed today, no issue with any other selected aircraft either with this selected.

Hope your well and surviving the regulations recommendations.

stay safe Nick

Cheers

Hi Nick and Charlie,

I got the same problem. When I select ignore crashes then everything works fine. But with crashes selected there is a crash when turning from taxiway to runway. Is for both runways 06 and 24. Aircraft I used  is Carenado Piper Seneca II

Rein

We will push an update through Orbx Central asap.

By than, Here is quick fix you can install manauly:

1. copy the 4 BGL files (attached) for the following path: your Orbx library folder\ Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGPH\scenery     

2. overwrite the files when requested.  

ORBX_EGPH_Lights.BGL Orbx_EGPH_ParkingLights.BGL Orbx_EGPH_Entry.BGL ORBX_EGPH_TaxiLights.BGL

Hello Raz /Nick,

Ref the four files in Raz message, can I just rename those folders which I see in the location Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGPH\scenery   to include the .BGL text, only I did this and get mutiple errors when starting P3D

if not do i simply right click on the file s x4 Raz has provided and paste in to the location provided?

Charlie

Hello Charlie,

you should download the files form each of the four links.

Select all four in Windows File Explorer and select Copy.

Navigate to Orbx\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGPH\scenery and in an

empty space, click on Paste.

You will be asked if you want to let the files overwrite, answer yes.

Job done.

Hello Charlie,

you cannot delete files while the simulator is running without causing error messages but if

the error messages persist after you have restarted it, delete the contents of

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SceneryIndexes_x64.

You should not need to do that, P3D should rebuild the indices when restarted.

Hi all,

As at 10:45 Hrs today 27/03/2020 - 

I've Dl'd these 4 files as per instructions and works fine on aprons and taxiways but crash into thin air just b4 rotate on active 24.

Disabling detect crashes works around it but thought I's pass this on.

Kindest Regards

Graham

Morning all (UK time),

Not sure what the state of play is Re the EGPH Edinburgh fix status so this:-

I downloaded another update for Edin this morning at 10:00Hrs-ish (Orbx Central) but have to report still crashing at rotate active 24 runway unless I turn off "detect A/C crashes".

Also, and maybe connected? - I cannot land in on the 28 at London City EGLC without crashing about a 2 mile distance out (maybe less, I'm a little busy) on the scope and correct speed flaps etc ILS approach in my Phenom 300.  Landed here oodles of times in this equipment.

But if I turn off "detect A/C crashes then no problems ILS app and land is successful. 

Removing EGLC Orbx Payware Airport and reverting standard TE South Airport = no issue with ILS app and land whether "detect A/C crashes" turned on or off.

Kindest Regards

Graham

P.S.

Have you seen the queues at the supermarkets and freezer centres?? Looks like we picked the right time to hit that diet!! :)

1 hour ago, GrahamTMuir said:

Morning all (UK time),

Not sure what the state of play is Re the EGPH Edinburgh fix status so this:-

I downloaded another update for Edin this morning at 10:00Hrs-ish (Orbx Central) but have to report still crashing at rotate active 24 runway unless I turn off "detect A/C crashes".

Also, and maybe connected? - I cannot land in on the 28 at London City EGLC without crashing about a 2 mile distance out (maybe less, I'm a little busy) on the scope and correct speed flaps etc ILS approach in my Phenom 300.  Landed here oodles of times in this equipment.

But if I turn off "detect A/C crashes then no problems ILS app and land is successful. 

Removing EGLC Orbx Payware Airport and reverting standard TE South Airport = no issue with ILS app and land whether "detect A/C crashes" turned on or off.

Kindest Regards

Graham

P.S.

Have you seen the queues at the supermarkets and freezer centres?? Looks like we picked the right time to hit that diet!! :)

Hi Graham,

Are you able to get a screenshot at the point of crashing at EGLC? It's a bit of a tricky one to nail down that far from the airport without a visual reference.

2NM out from the airport is beyond the boundary of the airport scenery pack but if you can shoot me a screenshot, I'll see if I can replicate it.

Greg

Hi Greg,

yeeaah, I may have been optimistic in the distance, replay shows approx 600Ft AGL I estimate within a mile b4 touchdown, that's inside a mile for sure. 

Hope that helps, but listen, when I downloaded the first EGPH update I got a report that five files failed to load, did the verify files as instructed and it reduced to two files failed to download, did synch, tried verify several times, still 2 files not opened and downloaded.

The latest update I downloaded this morning, same again i.e. two files failed, tried verify and synch etc but no joy.

Thus I am two files short from day one of updates and no idea which two since not specified.

This may be importanty to you Tech Chaps.

Hope this helps.

Graham

P.S. 

Thank you Nick

Hi,

This morning I downloaded the update. Now I have version 1.1.1. But the problem still exists although it's slightly different. I can make my turn from taxiway to runway and accelerate the plane. Just before rotate the plane crashes. Thanks for your help.

Archived