Orbx EGPH Edinburgh 2

hoover

Hi folks,

I have a similar issue with xp11 / Linux, EGPH and the Great Britain scenery packs (installed North, middle and south). I'm getting the following loading error: 

0:00:43.498 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Objects/AO_A.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/'.
0:00:43.498 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/EGPH_17.obj:6:
0:00:43.498 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/
0:00:43.498 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:43.498 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:43.498 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/
0:00:43.498 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:43.498 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:43.498 E/SYS: | (REN_graphstate_terrain.cpp:651)
0:00:43.498 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've checked the file & directory in question and the file is there, readable and the "verify" function in Orbx central didn't come up with an error. 

Any help on how to fix this would be much appreciated. The aiport scenery folder is at the very top of my "scenery_packs.ini" file. 

Thanks! 

Uwe 

Yep, those are there apparently, the file that xp11 is complaining about also exists in the EGPH's objects folder. Very weird! 

All the best & thanks for the timely reply and the welcome,

Uwe 

image.png.a360008a5a5f0ea05f2b61d9bb17d3ce.png

4 hours ago, hoover said:

Same here as Stuart, verify found nothing out of the ordinary but I'm still seeing that error in Log.txt as posted above. 

All the best, 

Uwe 

image.png.29129a504f7fa129c02a192d69206a99.png

I suggest you ignore the Log error notations. The only error messages in XP that require attention are the one's that appear onscreen after you have loaded a flight.

6 hours ago, hoover said:

I am getting an xplane loading error that I need to confirm because of this log file error.

All the best, Uwe

To understand you fully, are you getting an error message after the completion of loading a flight? If so attach a pic of that message that appears in the top right of the screen please

2 hours ago, hoover said:

I get the error message when creating a new flight (please see attached screenshot),  accompanied by the log file error mentioned above. 

All the best, Uwe 

Cessna_172SP - 2020-03-18 17.26.42.png

Please uninstall EGPH via Orbx Central, reboot PC and then reinstall via Orbx Central. Also Verify Files for OrbxLibs and SAM libraries.

Did the following using the Orbx installer: 

o verified libraries

o verified sam files

o uninstalled egph 

o reinstalled egph 

same error.

log file: 

0:00:34.039 E/SCN: Failed to find resource '../Objects/AO_A.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/'.
0:00:34.039 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/EGPH_17.obj:6:
0:00:34.039 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/Objects/Misc/
0:00:34.039 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:00:34.039 E/SYS: | There was a problem loading the scenery package:
0:00:34.039 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh/
0:00:34.039 E/SYS: | The scenery may not look correct.
0:00:34.039 E/SYS: | Please see the Log.txt file for detailed error information.
0:00:34.039 E/SYS: | (REN_graphstate_terrain.cpp:651)
0:00:34.039 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hoover@feynman:~/xplane/Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh$ ls -l Objects/AO_A.dds 
-rwxrwxrwx 1 hoover root 1398256 Oct 14 13:48 Objects/AO_A.dds

Thanks, Uwe

Hi Uwe. A couple of things I noticed right away. Your TEGB North was sitting above Global Airports as was also your X-Europe files. These should both be below Global Airports with X-Europe below all the TEGB addons.

The other thing I noticed is that you only have a part of the Orb LOWI addon installed. You have not installed the following files which are an essential part of the addon for it to work as designed:

Orbx_A_LOWI_LOJT

Orbx_B_LOWI_Overlay

Orbx_C_LOWI_DrapedOrthos

Orbx_D_LOWI_Orthos

I attach a revised copy of your scenery_packs.ini for you to replace your current one with. Please keep a safe copy of it somewhere in case we need to go back to it. 

I am unsure if this will resolve you error messages but we shall see.

If it doesn't I would ask you once again run the Verify Files for EGPH and load a flight at EGPH until you see the error message appear. Then exit XP and go to Orbx Central/Settings(top right of page)/Help/Open Log. Save a copy to Notepad and attach it in your post. 

Also attach the XP Log file immediately after the same process.

That way we can move this to the Orbx Central team for their review as to why you are getting error messages.

Good luck.

scenery_packs.ini

Hello Jon,

thanks for the support. I bought LOWI during the end of year sale and haven't even tried it yet to be honest :) 

I'll give your ini file a go and report back. 

All the best, Uwe 

PS: Could we please remove the "resolved" part from the thread title as obviously the issue isn't resolved (at least for me) yet? Thanks :) 

the error still comes up with your version of the scenery_packs.ini file I'm afraid; log file attached. 

All the best, uwe 

Log.txt

2 minutes ago, hoover said:

PS: Could we please remove the "resolved" part from the thread title as obviously the issue isn't resolved (at least for me) yet? Thanks

The issue is resolved for the OP of this topic and will remain....if you would like an unresolved status then please start your own new topic.

10 hours ago, hoover said:

PS: Could we please remove the "resolved" part from the thread title as obviously the issue isn't resolved (at least for me) yet? Thanks :) 

the error still comes up with your version of the scenery_packs.ini file I'm afraid; log file attached. 

All the best, uwe 

Log.txt 53.39 kB · 0 downloads

Uwe, as Doug says you need to submit a new topic so that only your problem is dealt with, rather than raising your problem in someone else's topic which for them, was resolved.

I want you to rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery_DISABLED.

Make a new folder in the XP directory called Custom Scenery.

In the old Custom Scenery folder make shortcuts to desktop of the following files:

TEGB North Custom

TEGB North Overlay

TEGB North Overlay (there are 2 overlay files with TEGB North)

TEGB North Orthos

Orbx EGBH Edinburgh

OrbxLibsXP

SAM Library

Global Airports

Take those shortcuts and place them into the new Custom Scenery folder.

Start XP and then exit.Open your scenery_packs.ini and make sure the layering is as follows:

Orbx EGPH

Global Airports

TEGB North Custom

TEGB North Overlay

TEGB North Overlay 

TEGB North Orthos

SAM Library

OrbxLibsXP

If they are not in that sequence then cut and paste the entries into the correct sequence and save using Notepad or similar.

Start XP and choose EGPH as your starting airport.

Report back if you get an on screen error message.

Archived