Boats???

Benny

Hi Benny, 

Yup, those  are a consequence of the way Orbx Central works. Most of the seaplane bases had / have an 'Extras' folder with optional stuff including some pilotable boats.  Orbx Central did not exist when they were released.  The intent was that these were strictly optional but because of the internal logic of Orbx Central, the SimObjects within the Extras folder are picked up by OC and installed. If at some time you don't want the pilotable boats you can remove them in several ways. The easiest would be just to delete or disable  the Panel folder. 

For the Pacific Northwest Ferries we zipped the pilotable WSF ferry MV Kaleetan so OC would not pick it up and thus the installation is strictly user choice. That's my favorite pilotable boat of the group  by the way.

Cheers

44 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

Hi Benny, 

Yup, those  are a consequence of the way Orbx Central works. Most of the seaplane bases had / have an 'Extras' folder with optional stuff including some pilotable boats.  Orbx Central did not exist when they were released.  The intent was that these were strictly optional but because of the internal logic of Orbx Central, the SimObjects within the Extras folder are picked up by OC and installed. If at some time you don't want the pilotable boats you can remove them in several ways. The easiest would be just to delete or disable  the Panel folder. 

For the Pacific Northwest Ferries we zipped the pilotable WSF ferry MV Kaleetan so OC would not pick it up and thus the installation is strictly user choice. That's my favorite pilotable boat of the group  by the way.

Cheers

Hi Larry

Thanks for your efforts with this great addon. One question about the MV Kaleetan. I can turn the engines on, and a sound reflects they are on. I move the throttle and this is shown in the wheelhouse gauge to have been recognised. The sound also reflects the noise of the engines engaging, yet I don't move. Any ideas what I have missed?

Ian

Hi Ian, 

The most likely answer to the issue is that the engine power needs to be adjusted for your particular controller and control settings. See the User Guide for more. I would guess that many, perhaps most users will have to do this. The problem is that the sim thinks they are seaplanes. With large pilotable boats the trick is to get the right amount of power so the boat will just start moving with full throttle and will not later end up going 70 knots over the water. :) 

Remember, the boat has two engines with the thrust in opposite directions, like a real WSF ferry. So you need a controller setup as you would do for a twin engine aircraft. The User Guide tells you how to save your controller settings so you can easily switch. The two engines make it rather fun to dock at one of the WSF ferry terminals. It takes a bit of practice.

One of the beta testers had a problem like this where the boat would not move regardless. And then one day the problem disappeared, so who knows. I guess we can ask @Rob Abernathy

if all else fails. 

On 3/13/2020 at 12:32 PM, Larry_R said:

Hi Ian, 

The most likely answer to the issue is that the engine power needs to be adjusted for your particular controller and control settings. See the User Guide for more. I would guess that many, perhaps most users will have to do this. The problem is that the sim thinks they are seaplanes. With large pilotable boats the trick is to get the right amount of power so the boat will just start moving with full throttle and will not later end up going 70 knots over the water. :) 

Remember, the boat has two engines with the thrust in opposite directions, like a real WSF ferry. So you need a controller setup as you would do for a twin engine aircraft. The User Guide tells you how to save your controller settings so you can easily switch. The two engines make it rather fun to dock at one of the WSF ferry terminals. It takes a bit of practice.

One of the beta testers had a problem like this where the boat would not move regardless. And then one day the problem disappeared, so who knows. I guess we can ask @Rob Abernathy

if all else fails. 

Thanks Larry, I'll have a look into that.

cheers

Ian

Archived