error: Could not download and save the manifest

Mach 2

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Simulator: FSX Gold (BOXED)  

Screenshot:  

Issue: As titled

Don't know where to start and this is giving me a headache :huh:

THANK YOU for your help  

central.log

I had installed the required files as needed, Windows Update KB2533623 said was not applicable for my system or something to that effect.

I tried adding the "C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central\Orbx Central.exe" strict-ssl false"   to the shortcut, did not help.

ORBX Central 01.jpg

ORBX Central 02.jpg

ORBX Central 03.jpg

8 hours ago, Mach 2 said:

Windows

Windows 7 SP1+, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Additional Requirements for Windows 7 and 8

•  

Hi Doug,

I already had the VS 2013 (x64) and VS 2015 (x64) installed. I installed the Update 3RC and the KB2999226 (x64)

When I went to install the KB2533623, it said it was not applicable to my system. I checked at Microsoft update catalog and thier only showing a update for Windows Vista...

Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB2533623) Windows Vista Updates 7/11/2011 n/a 1.2 MB 1240505  
  Update for Windows Vista (KB2533623) Windows Vista Updates 7/11/2011 n/a 630 KB 645765  

I have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

KB2533623.jpg

Programs.jpg

Hi Nick,

I found the Windows 7 x64 version with your link also which is the one I've been trying to install (See above Windows6.1-kb2533623-X64.msu)

I believe that is the Windows 7 x64 (Windows 7 is version 6.1) version however it refuses to install saying "not applicable".

I only mentioned the Windows Vista version because it's the only one found at Microsoft's Update Catalog, I of course, did not try to install it.

Well, EXCEPT for being able to update the library files and 16 other items, everything else seems stable and functioning.

The Discovery thing works great which is really cool, etc. All the Orbx scenery functions as before in the sim.

If you guys can figure out how to fix this, because I don't know what else to try. :banghead:

I searched Google for "update not applicable for your system" and there are a lot of people with the same issue. 

After a little searching, I found the KB2533623 was part of the Windows Internet Explorer 11 update. I have all the Windows Updates backed up as Standalone updates. Looked in the IE update and KB2533623 was indeed in the package. So I may all ready have it installed.

I wanted to get some more PNW and Australia airports but this has put a crimp in that plan.

Archived