TE Florida HD - FD04 airport

Two bugs for TrueEarth US Florida HD at the  Leeward Air Ranch Airport-FD04.

1. There is what appears to be another soft field crossing over the actual field. See red X'S in picture (1).

2. There is a windsock in the middle of the field located at the center of the runway. See arrow in picture (2).

I am actually flying there tomorrow morning. I hope the windsock is really not there. LOL  :)

TE-FL_HD-FD04(1).jpg

TE-FL_HD-FD04(2).jpg

Hello,

this extract from the User Guide should provide your answer.

Default X-Plane Airports in Florida 
X-Plane is different from Prepar3D and Aerofly FS2 when it comes to default airports. Laminar Research hosts the X-Plane Scenery Gateway (https://gateway.x-plane.com/) which allows thousands of airports (and likely, heliports) to be contributed to X-Plane default. Once Laminar approves a user contribution, it gets added to the next patch on Steam or their own servers. This ensures a continuous programme of airports being added to the simulator. 

There is a useful scenery map which shows all the airports already created for the entire world including Florida - https://x-plane.cleverest.eu/

At the time of publishing, a few of the lesser-known gateway airports are not aligned correctly to their true position in the real world or have unnecessary flattening enabled that will can cause mesh issues. Laminar Research are aware of this and these will be fixed in future X-Plane updates.  

We have provided a separate airport package with the scenery that fixes many of the major and small regional airports, however there are many small grass strips that no longer exist that we are unable to remove from the X-Plane database. Fixing many of the small stirps is an on-going process and some of the small lesser known strips may have compatibility issues upon release. 

I have moved the topic out of the bug report section.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to TE Florida HD - FD04 airport

Thanks again.

I visited the x-plane.cleverest.eu, searched for the airport and it was listed as 'Relatively old scenery'. Then I visited the gateway website and saw the airport listed. I am guessing that Is what I have to download to fix the airport. Is that correct? When I try to download it says that the scenery pack is already included in XP11 version 11.40.

7 minutes ago, AeroRamer said:

Thanks again.

I visited the x-plane.cleverest.eu, searched for the airport and it was listed as 'Relatively old scenery'. Then I visited the gateway website and saw the airport listed. I am guessing that Is what I have to download to fix the airport. Is that correct? When I try to download it says that the scenery pack is already included in XP11 version 11.40.

No a fresh download is not the answer because the airport you have already is the one in the Gateway. Made in 2015 I think. A fix has to come from Laminar/Gateway.

1 minute ago, AeroRamer said:

That is what I thought. I'll look into what it takes to help with this.

There is guy who made the corrections you are looking for but not for Florida. maybe you could ask him if he would do Florid?Here is the link. he has done several States already.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/profile/123586-towhee/content/&type=downloads_file

Archived