Buildings & Trees HD in Scenery Library

Hello Chris, welcome to the forums.

Orbx Buildings HD get added when Orbx Central installs them and are well down in amongst the Base scenery as below.

I think the Trees HD are replacement textures, therefore will not show in the scenery library.

Orbx Buildings HD.jpg

2 hours ago, Smudger said:

Hello Chris, welcome to the forums.

Orbx Buildings HD get added when Orbx Central installs them and are well down in amongst the Base scenery as below.

I think the Trees HD are replacement textures, therefore will not show in the scenery library.

Orbx Buildings HD.jpg

Thanks for the welcome Smudger!

What path should I point the scenery to?

I'm using D:\P3D\Orbx\Scripts\BuildingsHD\Core which doesn't generate an error.

Thanks.

Hi Chris

Buildings HD is only installed using the .xml method and should be left where the installer puts it, please do not attempt to add it like a conventional scenery.cfg item. You will be able to locate it in the P3D Add-ons menu.

OK Doug, I've done that but it doesn't show up under the list of Add-ons.

I uninstalled it using Central v4.1.1 and removed it from the Scenery Library using AddonOrganiser.

Then I ran the installer from Central.

And it has occurred to me that neither does Trees HD which I'm guessing should also be listed?

UPDATE

I had another Library for ObjectFlow 2 outside of the P3D folder.

I have migrated both Trees and Buildings HD to that Library using Central and both now appear in the list of Add-ons.

However, I'm being asked to enable them each time I start P3D!

Hello Chris,

1. If you install Buildings HD into the P3D v4 folder, as indeed you can, then this is added to the add-ons.cfg file.

[DiscoveryPath.2]
PATH=G:\P3D v4\Orbx\scripts
TITLE=HD Buildings
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

2. If you install Buildings HD into an Orbx Central Library, then this is its discovery path:

[DiscoveryPath.0]
PATH=G:\Orbx P3D v4 Scenery Library\p3dv4
TITLE=Orbx Orbx P3D v4 Scenery Library
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

and

[Package.3]
PATH=G:\Orbx P3D v4 Scenery Library\p3dv4\Global Buildings HD
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

3. If you install HD Trees into the P3D v4 folder, it replaces the default textures and there is therefore no need for any .cfg file entry.

4. If you install HD trees into an Orbx Central Library, then it shares the same discovery path and adds this:

[Package.4]
PATH=G:\Orbx P3D v4 Scenery Library\p3dv4\Global Trees HD
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Your last image is consistent with having installed Buildings HD into an Orbx Central Library that you have named G:\Orbx.

Things evidently can become a little complicated when this simple process is not allowed to complete or is subsequently

undone for one reason or another.

For my own benefit, I use folder names and descriptions that clearly identify the Orbx Central Libraries.

There are numerous "Orbx" folders in a typical Library so I use "Orbx P3D v4 Scenery Library".

Archived