Chaseplane version discrepency

gaab

Operating system:  Win10

Simulator:  P3DV4.5 HF2

Screenshot:  

Central V 4.1.1

Issue:  

Global is saying that I have version 1.1.5 installed and wants to update it to 1.1.62 BUT Chaseplane says I am at 1.1.65 (it always  auto-updates at startup... )

Gérard

Hello Gérard,

perhaps it would be simpler to just leave the version number off the Orbx Central page,

so that it reads Chaseplane is installed, then this minute attention to detail would be

unnecessary.

For me, Orbx Central reports the version that it installed and this does differ from the

later version the Chaseplane has updated itself to.

However, there is no notification in Orbx Central that an update is required, as of course,

one is not required.

Hello Nick,

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

For me, Orbx Central reports the version that it installed and this does differ from the

later version the Chaseplane has updated itself to.

My remark was more targetted to CP team : but of course I have setup Central to ignore CP updates.

It's just surprise me that CP don't follow at least the very simple CENTRAL version management in C:\Program Files\Parallel 42\ChasePlane\version_p42-chaseplane.txt

Regards, Gérard

2 hours ago, gaab said:

It's just surprise me that CP don't follow at least the very simple CENTRAL version management in C:\Program Files\Parallel 42\ChasePlane\version_p42-chaseplane.txt

Hi Gerard,

If they changed that version there, Central would always prompt the user to "update" ChasePlane (which would actually downgrade it). The version in our system will almost always be older than the latest.

You can test this yourself by editing that txt file, then restart Central. It will then try and downgrade ChasePlane to an older version.

Archived