Unable to Download Florida HD Red Error message

LarryJ

Trying to download TE Florida.  Have the other TE products.  Screen snap of Error message included.  Believe the log file is attached.   Not sure where the order # is located but My Account says I have been a customer since  October 16, 2018.  Using  Central v4.0.39  The transaction ID for Oregon HD TE was 5d569f56400bc

C:\Users\lj\AppData\Roaming\Orbx Central\logs  is empty.  No files there.  I have two TB space available for the install drive.  

Also under My Products,   Other,   Orbx Libraries  and SAM Scenery Animation Manager are showing updates available (in Orbx Central)  but the installation stalls (circles)

Larry

Error.PNG

central.log

Hi Nick,

central.log file was included in my original post taken from the time of the  .  Error message.   See first post above where the central.log file is located.  It came from C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central\central.log

Larry

Attached a fresh central .log.  Error shows when I click install then choose Main Library which is located at D:\OrbxLibrary.  In that folder I see the TE GB and Oregon NCal and WA products.

central.log

Hello Larry,

sorry, I only saw the I can't find the log message and missed the attachment. Senior moment.

However, I have no idea why you should have this problem with just one product.

I also see that the error message is not very helpful (to me), either in Orbx Central or the log.

I think it is best to wait for the Orbx Central team on Monday.

Senior++ on this end too:rolleyes:  The .log wasn't helpful to me either.   The only odd thing that occurred was I first ordered and paid for the SD version of Florida  then immediately realized I should have ordered the HD (to match the other Orbx TE libraries I have) which I then ordered immediately.   I don't know if that is a clue or not but pass it along to the Devs.  Maybe they can sort this out since they have access to the source code.

Larry

GM Nick,

I needed to move the orbx library and backup over to my NAS.  So I started up orbxcentral and gave it the new locations.   It's been running OK.  Oregon HD 1.1.0 has been running for an hour or so and shows 23% done.   I may have fixed the problem when I set up a special temp folder for orbxcentral on the NAS.   I thought I had plenty of space on the D drive for the orbxcentral temp folder.  Windows xplane PC and NAS are connected via 10GB nics and cable.  Don't know how that will work out but certainly gives extra storage.

So if you want to delay giving my problem to the DEVs,  I'll let this run for  a day or so and see if my problem stays solved (as it appears to be at this time)

Larry 

Hi Larry,

Looking at your log, Central failed when it tried to create the following directory: D:\OrbxLibrary\xp11\TrueEarth US Florida HD. This usually indicates that one of the parent folders ("xp11', "OrbxLibrary" or your "D" drive) didn't exist.

If the Oregon install has started successfully, that folder error you were receiving is resolved.

Please let us know if you run into any further problems

The problem described above (red ERROR) is back.   Here are two .log files.   The one renamed central.log-stalled was the log file when OC ran over night and still didn't install the library.  The central.log is from this mornings try.  Install just stalls out.  Never completes. Task Manager is littered with oc processes.   I do have the TE series installed.  Any help?

central.log central.log-stalled

I don't know what Forbidden means.... Authen Users, System Admins all have full "control" of theD:\OrbxLibrary\xp11 directory. so it should not be a permission issue?

2020-02-22T18:32:04.598Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Installing to D:\OrbxLibrary\xp11\TrueEarth US Florida SD
2020-02-22T18:32:04.890Z [ERROR] [Central::InstallationService] - Forbidden

Both HD and SD install attempts result in RED ERROR.

More log below

central.log

Hello Nick,

Looked at the Link you provided.  That isn't my problem.  My problem is that OC stalls (see log) and when I click Install, I get the red "ERROR" (see screen shot) with out any explanation.  So I really think problem lies elsewhere.  My OC user interface shows my other products all installed and I think they all work in X-Plane  but  Florida doesn't want to install nor does the 1.67 v of the object library.   Did you  look at the logs I sent?  Thank you,

Larry

Yeah I suppose you have to give them a break every few days.  {;-)    To confirm that NorCal TE is still installed and loading,  I just brought it up on X-Plane.  Looks normal as expected and frankly on a par with what snippets I've seen from FS2020. 

I'll check back Monday.

Larry

Hello Larry,

Can you try updating to Central 4.1.1 and see if this issue still occurs for you?

You will need to be opted-in to Fastlane, which you can do in Orbx Central under Settings, My Account. You can then restart Orbx Central and it should update automatically.

If the installations are stuck and cannot be cancelled, you can close Orbx Central, delete the %Temp%\Orbx folder and then start Orbx Central to cancel them manually.

Hi Larry,

The full path is C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx

Another common cause of download issues is the path that Central is using to store downloaded files temporarily not being available or functioning well. In Orbx Central under Settings, Downloader, Temporary Location, can you try pressing 'Edit' and changing it to somewhere else on your computer?

image.png

Mitchell,

See snip below showing  local temp orbx folder before I deleted it.  Note Florida c4 file present there whose function I don't understand but when I attempted to install Florida  the RED ERROR message was shown.

I changed Temp  folder to C:\Users\lj\AppData\Local\Temp and attempted to install Library again.  (as seen on Downloader page)

After deleting the local temp orbx folder,  Orbx Library showed a green check mark under My Products.  However, when I go to verify files, I get an installation warning  See Verify Files snip.

Also see attached central.log  In that I see reference to "C:\Users\lj\X-Plane 11-Default\Custom Scenery\"   That is a second copy of X-Plane which is default straight from the content server.   My normal installation is  in "C:\Users\lj\X-Plane 11"  Don't know if that is significant.

Larry

Temp-Orbx.PNG

VerifyFiles.PNG

central.log

Hi Larry,

It appears Central is unable to write to your D:\ drive. Does this drive exist and work okay?

2020-02-27T14:07:52.609Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Unable to create directory D:\OrbxLibrary\xp11\Orbx Libraries\Custom Scenery\Orbx_OrbxlibsXP\PF2\Textures
2020-02-27T14:07:52.610Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\OrbxLibrary\xp11\Orbx Libraries\Custom Scenery\Orbx_OrbxlibsXP\PF2\Textures'.

2020-02-27T14:18:21.272Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Failed to copy file to the destination: D:\OrbxLibrary\xp11\Orbx Libraries\Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/Library.txt
2020-02-27T14:18:21.273Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\OrbxLibrary\xp11\Orbx Libraries\Custom Scenery\Orbx_OrbxlibsXP\Library.txt' is denied.

Still getting failure to extract when verifying library.

Looked at the central.log.   First error said couldn't write Library.txt.   But  unprivileged users on this PC have full control over this file.   I can't see why it can't write to the file.

See Text.png for permissions to Library.txt.   I can create a folder in the directory where Library.txt exists.  Finally see screen snips:  Central (filedToExtract)  and DDrive Security. and a copy of the central.log to which I referred to above

filedToExtract.PNG

DDriveSecurity.PNG

text.png

central.log

Still getting the RED  ERROR when attempting to install Florida which I purchase on February 7!!  This is rather strange since all the other TE products are installed on this PC.

Another quirk  is that  OrbxCentral leaves orphans .   See TaskMgr   Orphans.png snip.   These orphans return as soon as OrbxCentral is closed.  

Bascially, I'm stuck where  I get an error which says  failed to install 230 files in Library after OC attempts to download and install the Library.  The attempted update to the library occurs either when I click update library  or I first click  install Florida.

Orphans.PNG

central.log

Failed230.PNG

Hi Larry,

The path Orbx Central is using for your simulator is C:\Users\lj\X-Plane 11-Default\ and using your previous information, I believe this isn't the correct path?

In Orbx Central, do you have multiple choices for X-Plane 11?

image.png

If so, you can mouse over the entry to see what path each has. Make sure you have the right one selected.

image.png

If that is fine, can you please try the following:

• Make a new Orbx Library (Settings, Library, Create Library) and try installing it there
  • Try installing directly into the simulator (if disk space permits)
22 hours ago, LarryJ said:

Another quirk  is that  OrbxCentral leaves orphans .   See TaskMgr   Orphans.png snip.   These orphans return as soon as OrbxCentral is closed.  

Is that after Orbx Central has been closed completely via Alt-F4 and/or via the system tray? It is normal for Orbx Central to have multiple processes, as it is based on Chromium which uses multiple smaller processes to run different tasks.

I have only onc choice which is apparently the wrong choice.   Path shown when I mouse over X-Plane 11 in the snip attached  is C:\Users\lj\X-Plane 11-Default.  As I stated previously,  PC has two copies of X-Plane.  The dash default is direct from the LR server, no changes or installs.  The second copy has installs, aircraft, extensions, etc.  It lives in

C:\Users\lj\X-Plane 11.

Since I have only one choice of X-Plane installs showing in OC, and it's apparently the wrong one,  how to I tell OC which install is the correct one.   I  have completely uninstalled OC previously and reinstalled but the problem persisted.

Wow, I feel we are getting close to the end of this month long struggle.

Larry

OneX-Plane.PNG

Hi Larry,

Orbx Central uses two factors to detect if and where X-Plane 11 is installed.

It will first read C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\x-plane_install_11.txt to find all the X-Plane install paths (this file should be updated by X-Plane automatically).

It will then check if each of those paths has an X-Plane exe in it.

What do you see in your x-plane_install_11.txt file?

From "x-plane_install_11.txt":

C:\Users/lj/X-Plane/X-Plane 11/
C:\Users/lj/X-Plane 11/
C:\Users/lj/Desktop/X-Plane 11/
C:\Users/lj/X-Plane 11-crashes/
C:\Users/lj/X-Plane 11.20Beta/X-Plane 11/
C:\Users/lj/X-PlaneBeta/X-Plane 11/
C:\Users/lj/X-Plane 11-Default/

Looks like OC is reading the last entry   "...11-Default"

If in Explorer I do a search for x-plane.exe,  I show two results:   (See TwoResults.png)

TwoResults.PNG.510b8fc3f585b4c45304a539efc9d376.PNG

Hello Larry,

I would recommend that you delete all but the two currently valid entries from x-plane_install_11.txt

and X-Plane.exe - shortcut which is surely redundant.

If it helps to clarify matters,

Orbx Central will read all valid entries; those whose folders exist and contain X-Plane.exe.

How it works is like this:

I created four new folders, each contains nothing except X-Plane.exe:

5.jpg

I edited x-plane_install_11.txt to add four new lines:

E:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/
E:\X Plane 1
E:\X Plane 2
E:\X Plane 3
E:\X Plane 4

The result, Orbx Central now has five X Plane 11 entries, enough to create confusion anywhere.

The confusion can be minimised by hovering the mouse cursor over each entry, it

then shows where that installation is.

4.jpg

Hello,

you should be able to choose which one to open X Plane 11 for, assuming that you are now seeing two 

X Plane 11 options in the drop down menu.

If you are still not sure, amend the x-plane_install_11.txt entry for the one you don't want to add to, so that

it no longer points to the installation. Then it will not appear in Orbx Central at all.

Only one option shows and it is the correct one  (when I mouse over the x-plane drop down)   It shows C:\Users\lj\X-Plane 11  My x-plane install is in C:\Users\lj\X-Plane 11\X-Plane.exe

Larry

PS Just for fun I edited the .txt  to show only one entry.   Still REDERROR !!!! when attempting to install and failure to verify.  Same as before.  See central.log below created after modification of .txt file.

central.log

Nick,

Still no install of Florida from purchase Feb 7.  I'm getting the following (same for the last month!)   X-Plane mouse over shows C:\Users\lj\X-Plane 11-default.   x-plane_install_11.txt shows C:\Users\lj\X-Plane 11\

I'm about ready to give up.   What do you think. Should I ask for my money back?

Larry

x-plane_install_11.txtError.thumb.png.1ddd38668ed8cfec580e63a6778652fb.png

Error.png

central.log

Hello Larry,

to me, there are some unusual aspects, not necessarily wrong.

C:\Users\lj\X-Plane 11\ is an unusual location to install X Plane 11 to and it could be extra protected by Windows there.

That's probably just a detail but Orbx Central should also be seeing your second installation as well, apparently

at C:\Users\lj\X-Plane 11-Default\.

However, I don't see these lines anywhere in your log at all.

[Central::SimulatorService] - Selected X-Plane 11 at path (the path to your copy of X Plane 11)

[INFO] [Central::LibraryService] - (the location of your Orbx Central Library)

So it looks as if Orbx Central cannot properly see either X Plane 11 or your Orbx Library.

You have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Orbx Central already?

Thirdly, the installation is starting but when it gets to "Creating D:\OrbxLibrary\xp11\TrueEarth US Florida HD",

as Mitchell pointed out some time ago, it just stops.

One must assume that either that location does not exist or that something is preventing access to it.

Here are a few questions for you.

What is the configuration of your PC, or is it a laptop?

How much free space do you have on your C drive?

Do you have a second drive and is its drive letter D?

How much free space do you have on your D drive?

Is your D drive internal or external and removable?

Can you show an image of the contents of your Orbx Central Library so far?

I think that we will get there in the end.

Nick,

You have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Orbx Central already?

I've tried this previously but I don't know how to uninstall it.  Tried uninstalling from Control Panel  Uninstall programs but when I reinstalled,  I got the same error.   So somewhere Mitchell and Ben are hiding part of the installation which never gets removed upon Uninstall (from CP).  Do you know if they are using the Registry.  I hate to get out Regedit but I'm getting desparate

PC is home built   i78700K  32 GB RAM  GTX 1080 Ti  11 GB

D: Drive has 2.3 TB free space  Internal  Raid0  Internal  spinning HD

C: Drive  630 GB free  SSD  internal.

See below for contents of OrbxLibrary  and permissions.

I think I am going to waste your time and mine until we corner those two rascals in Melborne who have source code.   Only with that they might be able to make some sense of this.  Also it would be nice to know how to remove TOTALLY  O Central.

Also just for fun,  I checked my products and asked for file verification for GB Central.  There are no prducts in the queue...it said upon completion.

Larry

D-Library.PNG

Security.png

You can try deleting C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central and

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central.

You must also make sure that Orbx Central is closed and  not just minimised to the taskbar

as your image here is showing.

These are not "orphans", as you describe them but evidence that it is running.

It does not leave "orphans" if it has been closed.

Orphans.PNG

OK but I've done this before... I think!  

1. Deleted C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central after killing all the Orbx Central processes in Task Manager.

2.  Similarly deleted C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central.

3. Downloaded a fresh copy of the Orbx Central Setup.  It said  "Installing, please wait...

4. After five minutes of watching the flashing green progress bar (why don't they give me a % like Linux does)  I gave up.

5.  I'm going to reboot and try this all again.  I'll report what happened in an hour or so.

6.  Off the exercise bike but no progress from Orbx central setup after 15 minutes.

7. I see in Task Mgr, that  Orbx's all in one p and in platform is listed but not using CPU.  At least that is the only Orbx anything I could see in Task Mgr.

8. I wonder folder it is trying to install to?

Now back to helicopter practice. 

Larry

Installing.PNG.fb22b63a1675814f9c4b1a94cd9f96e5.PNG

Went to the link you provided and grabbed the uninstaller .exe that Mitchell mentioned.   Also deleted the file folder he called out.

Are you ready for this????  Tahdah (trumpets blaring)  ...  Looks like the same thing.

Did you ever find out if they (DEVs) are hiding anything in the registry?  I hate to go poking around in there.  It's the biggest mistake M$ ever made in my opinion but sometimes cleaning that of all Orbx registry entries (if any) is the only way to solve a problem like this.

I see someone suggested problem was because OP didn't opt into fastlane.   What's that if you know?

InstallingInstalling.PNG.4c6484a8ea430e4ba74184501017be96.PNG

From the CentralUserGuide:

The location of the settings file differs based on your operating system:

• Windows: %AppData%\Orbx\Central\central.json

Is this correct?  Under AppData  I have Local,  localLow, and Roaming folders (no Orbx folder)

Hi Nick,

Don't take this personally but I'm bailing out.   I've asked for my  TE FL money back.  It's been a month now and you and I and Mitchell have labored long and hard.   Time to just quit.  I'll try to be happy with GB, WA, NCal, and OR which I have yet to fully explore.  

Larry

Archived