Unable to Download Florida HD Red Error message

LarryJ

Hi Larry,

If you wish us to continue looking into this, we'll need your Central log file after you try to install Orbxlibs.

On 3/9/2020 at 11:39 AM, LarryJ said:

My Orbx Library stalls when I asked for an update to 1.67 .  Is that file  Orbx_OrbxlibsXP available as a direct download?

No, the only way it can be installed is via Orbx Central.

OK, thank you.  At this point, the alternative would be reinstall everything including Win10.  Probably time to do that anyway. But that's such a hassle.

1. Deleted the central.log so all entries are the result of these steps.

2. Invoked OC

3. Brought up My products

4. Selected available update of the Library

5. observed file scanning  

6. Upper right  words  "Download queue:  There are no products in queue"  , but blue progress bar is stalled....

7. The circle progress bar opposite  Other Orbx Libraries is stalled also.   Mouse over shows 80%

8.  I'll wait 5 minutes , close OC,  and then attach the central.log

9. Closing OC by clicking X close program on title bar then attaching central.log

I sense something is wrong misconfigured on my end but I'm at a loss.

Larry

Here's another copy of central.log.    I peeked in and saw some errors similar to this:

2020-03-12T00:22:10.036Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [ERROR] Failed to copy file to the destination: D:\OrbxLibrary\xp11\OrbxLibrary\Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/PF2/Gen_Adt_Male_011A1.obj

Don't know why that should occur.   Here's permissions for that folder.   Something to do with   \  vs /  ?  

Permiss..PNG

central.log

Here's another wrinkle.   My D: Drive (the one above which had "permission problems" in the central.log  noted above is a Spanned Drive consisting of two spinning HDs.  Both 7200 rpm but one 6 GB and the other 8 GB for a total less than 14 GB.  This was created using Computer Management >Storage> Disk Management ... I can read/write/create folders, on/to the volume and permissions for all users is set to full control.  Shouldn't be a problem, right?   But.... this is Microsoft.    Any thoughts?  Thanks, Larry

Hello Larry,

I personally don't have any experience working with those types of disk setups in Windows. The permissions and paths to the folder look okay.

Unfortunately, there is not much else we can do to troubleshoot this issue. This issue doesn't appear to be with Orbx Central's logic itself, and rather with the next layer down (being how Windows is handling the file copy operations). If you can try installing to a different drive and it does work, then it may be an issue with how Windows handles copy operations on spanned drives. If you no longer wish to experiment with this, you may apply for a refund for the affected products

Thank you Mitchell.  I agree there is nothing more you or I can do.   I'm backing up my installation of Orbx products and X-Plane extras.  Once done, I am going break up the two now combined HDs and reinstall from backups.   Based on testing I've done, and reading posts from other disgruntled users of this scheme,   I'm convinced the problem is with M$'s version of RAID0.   

Looking forward to Orbx  TE  SoCal!!

Larry

After breaking up the Microsoft designed Spanned Volumes, (6 Tb and 10 TB) where previously OC and files were stored  AND  wiping all drives then Reinstalling Windows 10,  I can now install Florid on the newly separated 6 TB drive.  The problem must have been due to bitrot or something irregular in the M$ RAID0 set up.   Personally, I wouldn't the Spanned Volume Scheme ever again. Caused myself grief for a full month.   Googling reveals I'm not the only one who experienced problems.   

Now if I can get Orbx to accept my CC..

Larry

Hi Larry,

I'm very glad to hear you've found a solution!

For your CC issue, it might be worth contacting your bank to see if they have any blocks placed on either international merchants, or payments in AUD. If you're still having issues, please make a ticket and we'll follow up privately https://support.orbxdirect.com

Archived